1975 1G NEDERLAND JULIANA KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN. 1G 1998 BEATRIX KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN. 5ct 1986 BEATRIX KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN.

Old August 5th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Don Saklad

Default 1975 1G NEDERLAND JULIANA KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN. 1G 1998 BEATRIX KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN. 5ct 1986 BEATRIX KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN.

a. Ordinarily, what values could these coins have to a collector?...

b. What web links have information about these coins?... for example,
but not limited to the relative values to the USA money when the
coins were in circulation

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1975
1 G
NEDERLAND
.. JULIANA KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
1G
1998
BEATRIX
KONINGIN DER
NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
5ct
1986
BEATRIX
KONINGIN DER
NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old August 5th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Don Saklad

Another question
c. What is on the edge of the 1975 coin?...
d. What is on the edge of the 1998 coin?...

Question

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
|1975
|1 G
|NEDERLAND
|. JULIANA KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
|1G
|1998
|BEATRIX
|KONINGIN DER
|NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
|5ct
|1986
|BEATRIX
|KONINGIN DER
|NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old August 5th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
|1975
|1 G
|NEDERLAND
|. JULIANA KONINGIN DER NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
|1G
|1998
|BEATRIX
|KONINGIN DER
|NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
|5ct
|1986
|BEATRIX
|KONINGIN DER
|NEDERLANDEN
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

There are 2 common handbooks on Dutch coins. They are pretty good,
but easier if you can read a bit of Dutch (with a dictionary you can
convince yourself that it looks a lot like English). One is Johan
Mevius, "de Nederlandse munten van 1795 tot heden" The current
version of this is about 10 Euros (+/-).
The other is about as good, but costs slighly more, "munt-almanak" it
is produced by nederlandse vereniging van munthandelaren. I also
imagine you'll find some resources at:
http://munten.beginthier.nl/

Broadly, most of the recent guilders are either worth about their melt
price (silver ones) or not so much (base metal). The mint will no
longer redeem the base metal coins for Euros (about 2.2 Guilders to a
Euro).

Until about 1918, Dutch silver coins were 94.5% silver. Afterwards
they were 72% silver until 1966. In 1967 & ff. most of the
circulation coins were nickel. There were a few special issue (e.g.,
in 1970 & 73 there were some 10 Guilder coins issued in 72% Ag. Note
that at various times they have also changed the size of the coins.
The ones you mentioned are really tiny. By way of comparison, a 1975
Guilder should be 6 grams of base metal. An 1867 Guilder was 10 grams
of 94.5% Ag.

As far as the writing on the rim (randschrift) is GOD ZIJ MET ONS (God
be with us), on all Dutch 1 Guilder and 2.5 Guilder coins.

There are some other legends on the obverse & and reverse, near the
rim as well.

I think the stated value relative to a Euro is one indication of
value. In my experience the Guilder has been as week as 4 to the
dollar and much stronger (i.e., 1.6 to the dollar). Even so, my
memory may be a little untrustworthy and only goes back to about 1983.

If you want to ask about older Dutch coins, the prices can get pretty
exciting (I have a couple of
Silver Riders near MS).

Old August 6th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article om Peter writes:
I think the stated value relative to a Euro is one indication of
value. In my experience the Guilder has been as week as 4 to the
dollar and much stronger (i.e., 1.6 to the dollar). Even so, my
memory may be a little untrustworthy and only goes back to about 1983.

Until the early sixties a dollar was about DFL 3.60 (fairly stable). Since
that time the dollar value has only dropped (just like the British pound;
DFL 10.80 in 1963). Both dollar and pound dropped pretty fast in the
sixties and seventies, to stabilise a bit in the eighties. But of course
the pound dropped faster than the dollar.

It may be noted that the pound/gulden rate (or their equivalents) have
been stable at the above figure of 10.80 gulden to the pound since at
least the 15th century. (Note that I use 10.80 because when I first was
there that was approximately the exchange rate and it got down to a nice
4.5 cent for a penny. Halfpennies were not very frequent.)