NASCAR autographs sure have changed...

Old October 20th 03, 01:38 AM
pe2

Default NASCAR autographs sure have changed...

hey all-

I went to Martinsville for raceday qualifying this past Friday. As usual, I
made my trip to Collinsville-where alot of the race teams stay.

At the main hotel, I used to see many NASCAR personnel -drivers and crew
members alike (this was 10 years ago). Friday-I saw hardly anyone related
to NASCAR. NO drivers came thru, and the only real names I saw were
legendary car owner Jack Roush, and #17 crew chief Robbie Reiser. I have met
both before in the past.

It's disappointing that the drivers now are staying trackside in motor
coaches, and becoming less fan friendly unlike the old days.

times are changing, and pay sessions are slowly entering the sport. Kyle
Petty's victory junction brought drivers to Salem VA-Thursday evening-$20
for entering with monies going to the Victory Junction camp. and now-the
Winston cup preview-it has moved to Daytona with a ticketmaster entrance
fee, with a lottery system for the popular names, and at trackside-only your
"minor" stars appear with tickets for the first 125 people only....

Sorry for the gripe, but NASCAR has changed...

pe2

Old October 20th 03, 01:53 AM
Barefootmk

most guys stay at the tracks because travel is so bad to and from most tracks
as they are well away from any decent hotels. and it's guys like TONY STEWART (
i hate to bring that name up again, but he spearheaded the effort to make it so
other drivers won't sign at the track) who are making it so tough to evne get
to any drivers. at the tracks now security guards follow around the drivers to
and from pit areas so they don't have to sign for fans. but you still won't see
more fan friendly guys like bobby labonte and terry labonte out there. there
are many others who are real cool.
i did notice that there are a lot fewer signings at stores and race venues when
the races come through town....but at the same time that's what it takes for a
sport to evolve. i see more and more drivers going to the skyboxes for meet and
greets with high rollers than ever before. i got a luxury box seat last year
and saw 14 drivers coming on and off the elevators at the sky box seat areas
because of these little meet n greets. the autograph experiences are sure
changing too. have you seen the autographs that sterling marlin gives out in
the crowd as opposed to the many signings he does in person at the bars in your
town?
this is jsut a few of my gripes, i cam go on and on for days about this.
Old October 20th 03, 07:54 AM
EvilN8

Go to the Busch races the day before the NASCAR event. Most of the drivers
will go to their merch. trailers to sign "Hero Cards" after practice of
qualifying, depending on which track it is. We always go to Dover, and I've
got tons of autographs that way. Hope this helps you all out. If there is
anyone you're looking for, I have the following to trade..

IN PERSON / THROUGH THE MAIL CARDS
John Andretti
Jimmy Spencer
Tim Fedewa (x2)
Bobby Hamilton (x2)
Jeremy Mayfield (x4)
Sterling Marlin
Jimmy Spencer (x4)
Ken Schrader
Jason Keller
Rich Bickle (x2)
Harry Gant (x3)
Ricky Rudd (x2)
Lake Speed (x3)
Dick Trickle
Johnny Benson (x2)
Derrike Cope
Steve Park (x2)
Brett Bodine (x2)
Steve Grisham
Rick Mast
Rusty Wallace
Jerry Nadeau
Ted Musgrave (x2)
Todd Bodine
Geoff Bodine
Ricky Craven
David Green
Dale Jarrett
Ken Schrader
Mike McLaughlin
Mark Martin
Bill Elliott
Chuck Etchells (FUNNY CAR DRIVER)
Joe Amato (TOP FUEL DRAGSTER DRIVER)

INSERT CARDS
Rich Bickle 1994 Authentic Signature (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Bobby Dotter 1995 Press Pass Autograph (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) FREE
Rich Bickle 1999 Press Pass Certified Authentic (387 of 500) $15
Jack Sprague 1999 Press Pass Signings (468 of 750) $15
Jason Keller 1999 Press Pass Gold Signings (86 of 95) $35
Ricky Craven 1997 Press Pass Authentic (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Randy LaJoie 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Ernie Irvan 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $30 $15
Robert Presslet 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Dale Jarrett 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $50
Geoff Bodie 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Kevin LePage 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Bobby Hamilton 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Robin Pemberton 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $8
David Green 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Ken Schrader 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Joe Nemecheck 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Larry McReynolds 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $8
Wally Dallenbach 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Jason Keller 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Ward Burton 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $30
Ted Musgrave 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15
Sterling Marlin 1998 Press Pass Signigns (LIMITED # NOT LISTED) $15

IN PERSON PHOTOS
Greg Scaefer
Regan Smith
Kevin Harvick
Greg Biffle (x2)
Larry Foyt
Andy Belmont
Joe Nemecheck
David Green
Brett Bodine (x3)
Dave Blaney
Mike Dillon
Mark Gibson
Robert Presley
Mark Green
Jimmy Spencer
Ken Schrader
Buckshot Jones
Bill Elliott
Rich Bickle (x4)
Rich Bickle / Darrell Waltrip
Jake Raudabaugh
Burnham Boilers
Jeff Finley
Butch Gilliland
Lou Rettenmeier

Becca Anderson (SPRINT CAR DRIVER)
Ryan McGlynn (SUPER TRUCKS)
Chuck Etchels (FUNNY CAR DRIVER)
Jim Yates (FUNNY CAR DRIVER)
Bunny Burkett (FUNNY CAR DRIVER)(x2)

Old October 21st 03, 03:24 AM
Big Sexy Greg Gray

I got a question on the nascar autographs. I've never been to a race and am
looking to possibly attending a couple next season, and I see so many people
with pit passes. I've looked into ticket information, but I never see anything
dealing with the pit passes. Any info?
Old October 23rd 03, 06:51 AM
EvilN8

You can't buy pit passes. Usually, they are given to special corporate
guests.. family members... and friends of the different teams crew members,
or people associated with the track. So, lets say Nabisco sponsors a race.
They will get X ammount of pit passes. At any rate, NASCAR drivers are easy
enough to meet that you really don't need one to get autographs. -n8

Old October 23rd 03, 07:13 AM
Barefootmk

yeah, they are so easy to meet. in most cities, they don't do signing
appearances. you must live in connecticut, daytona or one of the carolinas. but
you really have to look for drivers. in most cities you are lucky if there are
12 drivers signing (usually busch guys and matt kenseth) but i don't recall
seeing earnhardt jr or jeff gordon doing a ton of appearances. and tony stewart
does them in cities that he doesn't race in, or in racing cities when they
aren't racing in that city.