Expensive nationals coming back on the market soon

Old July 26th 03, 01:28 PM
JSTONE9352

Default Expensive nationals coming back on the market soon

Anyone notice how soon a number of the four, five and six figure national
bank notes come back on the market? Check Lyn Knight and other major
auctions for the pedigrees and you will see a number of them were sold at
auction as recently as 2-5 years ago. National collectors are usually in for
the
long haul (so we have been told) but I think what is happening is a result of
the current economic slump where people who overspent their money on
these notes need to get what they can out of them to meet other expenses.

Old July 26th 03, 02:16 PM
Scottishmoney

JSTONE9352 wrote in message
Anyone notice how soon a number of the four, five and six figure national
bank notes come back on the market? Check Lyn Knight and other major
auctions for the pedigrees and you will see a number of them were sold at
auction as recently as 2-5 years ago. National collectors are usually in

for
the
long haul (so we have been told) but I think what is happening is a result

of
the current economic slump where people who overspent their money on
these notes need to get what they can out of them to meet other expenses.

It is not just Nationals, but I have noticed the people who outbid me so
much on Scottish banknotes have been selling whole collections of late on
ebaY. In a way I must confess I am kind of smug about it.

Dave

Old July 27th 03, 10:39 AM
note.boy

I have noted that also Dave, regular buyers of Scottish notes on ebay
have several for sale at present and one seller in particular has
starting prices that are a bit on the high side.

He has many fairly recent notes on offer that I know he got at face, not
from me, and he is asking a bit too much, I doubt if he'll get the
asking price for the paperweight.

This is the wrong time to sell large quantities Scottish notes as when
the dreaded euro is adopted by the UK I expect the value of Scottish
notes to soar. Billy

Old July 27th 03, 11:47 AM
Scottishmoney

Actually the one guy you site is selling extras he has accumulated. I am
thinking of the one time collector in Chicagoland that outbid me, you, and a
lot of others and is now trying to sell the notes. In particular he grossly
overprices some of the cut cancel proof notes, which his opening bid is
nearly 10x what I paid for mine. Also look at the specimen/proofs from the
Union Bank, they are ridiculous.

I will note that in Irish notes the introduction of the Euro seemed to have
the undesired effect, except for collectors wishing to get into the market,
or come back to Irish notes. Maybe because of all the press etc, it seemed
to bring all of them out of the woodwork at once, notes which were selling
for a couple of hundred started selling on eBay for $60 etc. Now the glut
is gone and prices are nearly back to norm.

Dave
note.boy wrote in message
I have noted that also Dave, regular buyers of Scottish notes on ebay
have several for sale at present and one seller in particular has
starting prices that are a bit on the high side.

He has many fairly recent notes on offer that I know he got at face, not
from me, and he is asking a bit too much, I doubt if he'll get the
asking price for the paperweight.

This is the wrong time to sell large quantities Scottish notes as when
the dreaded euro is adopted by the UK I expect the value of Scottish
notes to soar. Billy

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM