Its Cinderella time. East German Red Cross.

Old October 8th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Its Cinderella time. East German Red Cross.

Valerian.

That magic herb that ancient Swedes would put in the suit
of the groom, to ward off the "envy of the elves". (draw your own conclusion)

A Cat attractant, and a Rat attractant.

The pied piper of Hamlyn used this as well as his pipe.

http://cjoint.com/data/kippGMmmVp.htm

Old October 9th 09, 06:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Oct 8, 9:19*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Valerian.

That magic herb that ancient Swedes would put in the suit
of the groom, to ward off the "envy of the elves". (draw your own conclusion)

A Cat attractant, and a Rat attractant.

The pied piper of Hamlyn used this as well as his pipe.

http://cjoint.com/data/kippGMmmVp.htm

valerian on a us stamp
http://www.zazzle.ca/valerian_stamp_...67310758521554

valerian on Slovenia stamp 22 May 2002
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

2002, May 22. Flora. Medicinal Plants.

* "A" (30t). Dog Rose.
* "B" (31t). Chamomile.
* "C" (95t). Valerian.
* "D" (107t). Sweet Violet (Miniature sheet).

valerian on Liechtenstein stamp 1995 - 1.80 Fr
http://www.liechtenstudy.org/newlett.../0350-11-4.pdf

valerian on Guernsey stamp
1997, February 12. The World Wide Fund for Nature. Bright Wings of
Summer. Butterflies and Moths.
* 25p Hummingbird Hawk-moth (Macroglossum stellatamm) on Red
Valerian.

Blair
Old October 9th 09, 07:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I had only one in my database Blair
Czech SG1982 (1971) T0571 1k20 pharmacology [missing] valerian mortar pestle

In that Lichtenstein sheet, I was rather amused to see "Stinging Nettles" were good for one,
I used to hate them as a kid, we always used to try and push each other into a nice healthy
bunch, on the way home from school.

"Blair"

Old October 17th 09, 07:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
malcolm

In the UK Valerian is a wild flower ( aka "weed" ). I grow it
( deliberately not carelessly ) in my garden. It is very pretty in a
group but straggly as a single plant. Being a weed it takes little
effort ,but it is invasive. There is a white cultivated variety. If
kept under control it is a useful addition to the garden.

Malcolm

On Oct 9, 7:42*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
I had only one in my database Blair
Czech SG1982 (1971) T0571 1k20 pharmacology [missing] valerian mortar pestle

In that Lichtenstein sheet, I was rather amused to see "Stinging Nettles" were good for one,
I used to hate them as a kid, we always used to try and push each other into a nice healthy
bunch, on the way home from school.

"Blair"
valerian on a us stamphttp://www.zazzle.ca/valerian_stamp_postage-172667310758521554
valerian on Slovenia stamp *22 May 2002

Old October 17th 09, 08:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Malcolm,
Valerian is in our "Red Cross" box at home.
My wife gives it to me if I am out of routine with sleep
(jet lag), so we pay what $9.95? for a bottle of weed tablets
It may be a placebo, but it works for me.

Old October 23rd 09, 08:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jan-Martin Hertzsch[_2_]

rodney wrote:
Valerian.
http://cjoint.com/data/kippGMmmVp.htm

I remember that these labels were sold in sheets of
maybe 12 or 20 different ones. There were also sheets
depicting various types of ambulance vehicles with
the technical data and some historical information
on the back. Pity I didn't keep them ...

Jan-Martin
Old October 23rd 09, 10:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Jan-Martin Hertzsch"
Pity I didn't keep them ...

An exclamation I have both heard and felt before
My first car was a MkV Jaguar,
how I wish I had kept that

Thanks for the info.

Old October 25th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 9, 2:42*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:

In that Lichtenstein sheet, I was rather amused to see "Stinging Nettles" were good for one,
I used to hate them as a kid, we always used to try and push each other into a nice healthy
bunch, on the way home from school.

Proves you don't know what's good for you, lad.
Have some cod liver oil.

8*)

Blair
Old October 25th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 17, 3:57*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Thanks Malcolm,
Valerian is in our "Red Cross" box at home.
My wife gives it to me if I am out of routine with sleep
(jet lag), so we pay what $9.95? for *a bottle of weed tablets
It may be a placebo, but it works for me.

My solution is even cheaper.

I just tune into our parliamentary TV channel.

They usually show Question Period reruns in the middle
of the night and I am fast asleep within a few minutes.

http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca...nada-stamp.jpg
http://www.endtimessecrets.com/Europ...-Red300DPI.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8353/21cs4.jpg

Blair
Old October 25th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 23, 5:32*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:

Pity I didn't keep them ...

An exclamation I have both heard and felt before
My first car was a MkV Jaguar,
how I wish I had kept that

Here you go Rodney. Now you can get some
personalized stamps printed with your Jag on them.
http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/du...te/5619455.jpg

Blair