more successes

Old April 7th 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default more successes

Since my last post, a few more successes Added to the list for April:

Mail successes:

Menis Yousry (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Blair Dunlop (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Steve Anderson (Star Wars Artist)
Elliott Henderson-Boyle (King Arthur)

APRIL 2007

Purchases:
Afshan Azad (Harry Potter) had but is upgrade; have card for sale
Charles La Mere Costume sketch... from the film "The Egyptian"

Mail successes:
Deborah Weston (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
C. B. Cebulski (Star Wars Comic Author/Comic Author)
Wally Wingert (Voice Artist Family Guy etc/Star War Video Games)
Deborah J Ross (Star Wars Author)
Burnell Tucker (Star Wars) Had but was upgrade
Barry Atkinson (sorry, can't help with this)

RTS's
William Fichtner (Invasion/Prison Break)

Old April 10th 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
mee

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

i never heard of any of these people
are they woth the postage ?

Old April 10th 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Anybody that impresses you enough to write a letter is worth the postage.
Not everyone is going to interest other collectors that same way. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old April 10th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

To me they are; got some really cool responses from some of them etc.
Undoubtedly you are interested in people we probably don't think are
worth it either. Everyone has different tastes. Not necessarily
something you have to knock someone for.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:19:40 -0400, "mee" wrote:

.. .

Old April 10th 07, 04:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

And responses like that one are the reason I've not posted addresses
here and I think a LOT of people feel the same as other elists and
boards I see people posting that lurk here...

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:04:54 -0400, Sue H wrote:

To me they are; got some really cool responses from some of them etc.
Undoubtedly you are interested in people we probably don't think are
worth it either. Everyone has different tastes. Not necessarily
something you have to knock someone for.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:19:40 -0400, "mee" wrote:

. ..

Old April 10th 07, 10:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
mee

"Sue H" wrote in message
To me they are; got some really cool responses from some of them etc.
Undoubtedly you are interested in people we probably don't think are
worth it either. Everyone has different tastes. Not necessarily
something you have to knock someone for.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:19:40 -0400, "mee" wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

you are wrong,i'm not interested in getting mail,just for the sake of
getting mail.

i've collected autograph's for a long time,it just doesn't seem worth the
time and money
for a bunch of nobody's.
good luck !!!

Old April 10th 07, 11:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it shouldn't be delivered in a
backhanded way though. They be "nobody's" to you, but they are somebody to
Sue. It's her collection, so she shouldn't be ashamed to collect anybody
she wants. Brad Pitt was a "nobody" until 'Thelma & Louise'. Of course,
now he's just Mr. Jolie on her quest to collect a child from every country.
Harrison Ford was a nobody carpenter until 'American Graffiti' spring
boarded him to 'Star Wars'. Who's to say that a "nobody" won't become an
unattainable autograph 5-10 years later? In sincerely agree with you that a
"collector" should not just send to a celeb just to get yet ANOTHER
autograph in their book. A collector should really know who the person is
and what he/she is known for instead of the fact that someone else got an
autograph from him/her. Sue researches these people, so she isn't just
"getting mail".

Old April 10th 07, 12:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

And getting "somebody's" to me like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears,
Lindsay Lohan and others people would love would personally make me
revolted... I'd personally rather have "nobody's" who actually
contribute to their craft in a positive and more creative way.

PS I see a lot of minor league sports etc that is like "who?" to me,
but I admire the people that collect them for their diligence,
uniqueness and the amount of successes they get. And to be sure, the
lesser names are more apt to sign as well, meaning there is more
contribution here to the hobby. I've seen a couple others take off
and change their minds and start collecting new thing lately too,
which is cool to see.

Old April 10th 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

LOL one of them sent me something really awesome the other day. After
watching the memorabilia auction I realized the value of this item was
probably 200-400 on a bad day. So if you're talking about money, I
guess I've wasted a lot of time and postage by your standards, but in
reality, I guess that's probably at least 100 mail requests paid for?
Not that I'd sell it though.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:22:54 -0400, "meet" wrote:

.. .

Old April 10th 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

Undoubtable I would not recognize alot of the "celebs" that mee has in his
collection, that doesn't make them "nobody's." Or it doesn't make his
collection any less special to him. I certainly wouldn't post a blankly
obvious "lets start a fight" post over it. This group need as many on topic
posts as possible.

Glenn

"Sue H" wrote in message
And responses like that one are the reason I've not posted addresses
here and I think a LOT of people feel the same as other elists and
boards I see people posting that lurk here...

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:04:54 -0400, Sue H wrote:

To me they are; got some really cool responses from some of them etc.
Undoubtedly you are interested in people we probably don't think are
worth it either. Everyone has different tastes. Not necessarily
something you have to knock someone for.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:19:40 -0400, "mee" wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Four successes! [email protected] Autographs 1 October 17th 05 10:18 PM
Some successes joe Autographs 5 February 2nd 05 07:40 PM
2 successes [email protected] Autographs 0 January 18th 05 08:30 PM
Two successes Autographs4us Autographs 0 January 12th 05 10:47 PM
successes, joe Autographs 0 December 20th 04 12:00 AM