A rare find --- 1923 Silver Peace Dollar

Old August 14th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default A rare find --- 1923 Silver Peace Dollar

Hello to all

This Saturday started off for me in a much different
way. I spent most of my Morning cleaning up my front
yard from 7:00am to 10:00. Since is was about 100
degrees, I stop working on my front yard and had
breakfast (Microwave Pizza and Coffee), and showered
then change cloths.

I left my house heading to the Public Library to
use the FREE WIFI. This is were this message is
coming from.

Before I got to the Phoenix Agave Public library in
North Phoenix, I stop at a local "Circle K" market
to get gas and some cash. When I get cash at the
local stores, I always ask for any dollar coins they
have.

The Circle K store at North 35th Avenue and Deer
Valley road gave me a 1923 Silver Peace Dollar Coin.
I was blown away to get this coin. I ask the clerk
how did he received this coin. He told me a teenager
gave him the coin for a soft drink.

I am guessing he stole the coin from his Parents or
Grandparents.

Just looking at the coin, I would place this coin
at either an "AU-55" or "AU-50" in grading. I will
examine the coin in greater detail once I get home.
Not sure were it was minted at yet. Will research it
later at home.

Old August 14th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:
[...]

Fake peace dollars are quite common, so you'll want someone to authenticate
it before you get too excited.

James

Old August 14th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote in message

[...]

Hello

I read the reviews on E-BAY on the 1928 Silver Peace
Dollar from the link below.

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-TRADE-P...00000001409580

The one I have is stamped with the year 1923. Just
the same, I will have it weighed, measured, and examine
very closely. If anything, I have only lost a dollar on
it, if it is a fake.

Old August 14th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote in message

[...]

The Chinese counterfeiters have targeted all dates. Sick.

James

Old August 14th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote in message

[...]

Hmm, I just noticed that the reviewer is no longer a registered user. That
could speak volumes right there.

James