GD's and parking meters

Old August 15th 03, 02:58 PM
Dr. Richard L. Hall

Default GD's and parking meters

I discovered that the parking meters near where I work in Arlington, VA take
GD's and SBA's. Only problem is they don't give you a very good deal. The
rates a

4 minutes - nickel
8 minutes - dime
20 minutes - quarter
60 minutes - dollar.

So for the two hour limit, you'd be better off putting in 6 quarters.

--
Richard
ANA# R-176949

Dating Coins from the reverse:
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...erse_Dated.htm

Minor Errors: http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins/Errors//Errors.htm
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...s//Errors2.htm

Large and Small Date Lincolns:
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...mall_Dates.htm

Viewing the 3's on Lincolns
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins/Comparison3's.htm
RCC FAQ:
http://www.telesphere.com/ts/coins/faq2.html

Old August 15th 03, 03:25 PM
Michael G. Koerner

"Dr. Richard L. Hall" wrote:

I discovered that the parking meters near where I work in Arlington, VA take
GD's and SBA's. Only problem is they don't give you a very good deal. The
rates a

4 minutes - nickel
8 minutes - dime
20 minutes - quarter
60 minutes - dollar.

So for the two hour limit, you'd be better off putting in 6 quarters.

The parking meters in downtown Appleton ($0.50/h, 2h max) are currently
being refitted to accept $1 coins.

If you go though the group archives, you will see that $1 coin usage is
relatively high in the Appleton, WI area.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old August 15th 03, 05:32 PM
Fred Shecter

Here are some links regarding meters:

http://www.peoriapd.com/scheduleg.html

http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cityupdat...te02-09-01.pdf

http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/...16s1-csm.shtml

http://www.neworleansparking.com/code/pay_by_coin.htm

http://www.transportation-mail.corne...3_meteredparki
ng.html

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Mayor2/Speci...2000.3.22.html

http://weeklywire.com/ww/04-03-00/chicago_a.html

http://www.digitalpioneer.com/customerservice/faq.html

http://www.moderncarcare.com/Articles/251feat8.html

--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Old August 15th 03, 06:32 PM
Dr. Richard L. Hall

Here's another one

http://www.co.arlington.va.us/dpw/tr...ing/meters.htm

But it doesn't give the cost.

http://www.transportation-mail.corne...g_Services/tms

___________________________________________ ____

_______________
Regards, | |\ ____

___________________________________________ | | | | | |

_______________

Old August 15th 03, 07:43 PM
Fred Shecter

Cool.

Now you have the e-mail address, etc. to report the pricing disconnect.

BANZAI!

-Fred Shecter

Old August 16th 03, 02:54 AM
Coin Saver

From: Dr. Richard L. Hall

the parking meters near where I work don't give you a very good deal. The

rates a 20 minutes - quarter / 60 minutes - dollar.

"Carrying Charges" for having to deal with them?

8-?

Coin Saver