Got my v-200 yesterday..

Old May 1st 10, 05:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cheapfilm

Default Got my v-200 yesterday..

I've been lurking here for a few months now.. just yesterday I took
delivery of my new old V-200. It's looks great. I love it. I guess
it's so damn heavy it's gonna ruin my hardwood floor.. aghh..

I filled it full of records and did all the title strips only to find
out the title strips I was using are to small.. I gotta do that over.

I'm not mechanically inclined but I guess I'll try and learn.. I have
the installation manual.

I think I only have one problem..

It selects records quickly and accurately but when a record isn't
selected the Mech. just going back and forth until I select something
or turn the box off.

It sure looks like the insides have been rebuilt but I'm not exactly
sure what was rebuilt.. The amplifier's model number is HFMA1-L6 and
the receiver's number is TSR4-L6, the 4 seems to have been etched in.

Anyone have a suggestion regarding this issue?? I've looked at all the

thanks,

chris in los angeles

Old May 1st 10, 06:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Cheapfilm wrote:
[...]

Hi Chris,

The machine has a problem with the Scan Control unit. On the early
V-200s this was located under the magazine frame and it needs to be
removed, cleaned and probably unfrozen with dried up grease/oil.

Later units moved the Scan Control to the Control Center on the back
door of the cabinet beside the amplifier and then the first item to
check is the Scan Control switch which is located on the rear of the
scanning arm (rear most of carriage) which is accessible through the
back access hatch (release wire is pulled down from inside cabinet to
open this door).

Get the correct service manual from Victory Glass - there are two
variations of the machine, they should be able to help you sort out
which you have by the colour of the cabinet.

Understand that I haven't worked on a V for a few years and may have
some details mixed up with other models - the service manual is the best
reference!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old May 2nd 10, 04:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cheapfilm

Thanks John for your reply...

so, I had a guy come check it out and he told me that it's missing the
cancel switch which is why it just goes back and forth. Just a cut
wire near where the cancel switch is supposed to be.. He also told me
the tormat receiver was converted to solid state 'someone had to much
free time on their hands' so he wouldn't know where to begin to work
on it. He suggested I get another receiver, a cancel switch and
tormat unit with credit unit. Another $1000 with parts and labor.
Anyone have any of these parts? Or I just select a selection with
no record so it stops going back and forth when I want to keep the
machine on. I also noticed when the 'b' side of a selection is being
played the volume is much louder than the 'a' side, regardless of the
auto volume compensator being on or off.. could this be a needle
issue?

regards,

Old May 2nd 10, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Cheapfilm wrote:
[...]

Is the machine playing selected records? If so why change it out unless
you want to be original...

The cancel switch is available. I think I still have the V200 version (I
think they had a special one) or if regular, that is in stock (used but
good).

The A/B loudness is likely a problem either with the stylus (exchange
side with these) or there may be tiny iron filings in the 'red head'
cartridge at the magnet - the magnet is directly under the stylus and
looks like a shiny round disc about 1/8 in. in diameter. Clean around it
with a tooth pick to remove any foreign material.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old May 3rd 10, 04:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Philip Nasadowski

In article
,
Cheapfilm wrote:

He also told me
the tormat receiver was converted to solid state 'someone had to much
free time on their hands' so he wouldn't know where to begin to work
on it.

Uh....

The Tormat *is* a solid state unit, unless he means the selection
receiver itself.

What's the model number?

Actually, can we get pictures of this? I'm just saying - something here
doesn't sound right...If it was converted to a later Seeburg unit, those
too had the cancel switch I think.
Old May 3rd 10, 05:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cheapfilm

Is the machine playing selected records? If so why change it out unless
you want to be original...

yes.. but the mech. is going back and forth when nothing is
selected..

The A/B loudness is likely a problem either with the stylus (exchange
side with these) or there may be tiny iron filings in the 'red head'
cartridge at the magnet - the magnet is directly under the stylus and
ooks like a shiny round disc about 1/8 in. in diameter. Clean around it
with a tooth pick to remove any foreign material.

I'll check that out.. thanks..

The Tormat *is* a solid state unit, unless he means the selection
receiver itself.
What's the model number?

I mean the selection receiver.. model number.. TSR4-L6

here is a photo..

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ceiver_amp.jpg

thanks for your comments guys.. a great group here..

chris

Old May 3rd 10, 06:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cheapfilm

Ok.. here are better photo's..

http://gallery.me.com/cheapfilm1#100397

The photo showing where you deposit a coin.. does that appear to be
out of alignment?? seems like it..

chris

Old May 3rd 10, 06:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Cheapfilm wrote:
[...]

Very interesting. I've never seen anyone replace the credit unit with a
few relays...home made, but by an engineer is my guess. It is possible
that this was a Seeburg engineers' personal experiment, but certainly
modified by someone very skilled in jukebox operation.

Looking at the picture of the selection receiver it appears that the
2050 section has been replaced by one circuit board and that the scan
control has been replaced by the second relay on the PCB near the bottom
of the selection receiver...pity there are no schematics!

Still I doubt he/she changed the need for a scan control switch mounted
on the rear of the carriage - there should be a ramp mounted on the rear
of the main frame which activates this switch. Can't find any pictures
of the assembly, but it is shown in the V200 service manual...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old May 3rd 10, 10:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]

John Robertson wrote:
Cheapfilm wrote:
[...]

I had one in for repair that had a relay plugged into the 2050 tube
socket and all kinds of scary stuff in the rear. I forget if I rebuilt
a different unit for the guy or if I put his back to original. Yes,
having no schematics made it real fun. Had no way of knowing if it ever
worked.

Tony
Old May 4th 10, 04:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cheapfilm

new issue.. the selection drum intermittently cycles through all the
title selections but doesn't stop.. I'll press a button and it will
start cycling, who knows where and when it will stop. It was working
properly, the appropriate button would light up and it would stop at
the right spot.. is this a fuse I need to change or something I need
to clean??

Thanks John and Tony for your comments..

chris

Yesterday, 1/20/09 Joe Autographs 3 January 22nd 09 04:04 AM
1 yesterday 2/16/06 Barb Autographs 1 February 18th 06 12:54 AM
one yesterday Dave Routh Autographs 1 November 29th 05 04:56 PM
2 Yesterday Steve Autographs 0 March 11th 05 03:51 PM
1 yesterday Mark S. Autographs 7 April 11th 04 10:18 PM