Seeburg 222 selector problems

Old January 30th 10, 12:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim[_4_]

Default Seeburg 222 selector problems

Just started recently.I make a selection and it goes to a random
selection and starts playing,after I eject that selection,it goes to
another random and starts playing.I usually have to eject about 8-10
selections before they are all cleared.I start again,and the same
proble.It never starts at the selected records and adds up several
other random selection.
I started this machine one night after a freeze,the selections
wouldn't make,then,after a few minutes,I could make a selection,but
the above problem started.
I have the manuel,but no troubleshooter tips for this issue.
Any help is appreciated
Old January 30th 10, 02:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Try cleaning the contact block where the pins come in contact while
scanning. A flaky connection on the ground strip in the middle can
easily cause the random selection issue.

Old January 30th 10, 03:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]

Tim wrote:
Just started recently.I make a selection and it goes to a random
selection and starts playing,after I eject that selection,it goes to
another random and starts playing.I usually have to eject about 8-10
selections before they are all cleared.I start again,and the same
proble.It never starts at the selected records and adds up several
other random selection.
I started this machine one night after a freeze,the selections
wouldn't make,then,after a few minutes,I could make a selection,but
the above problem started.
I have the manuel,but no troubleshooter tips for this issue.
Any help is appreciated

Usually a bad ground, quite often on the little cable with the RCA plug.
If you don't know what an RCA plug looks like, do a google images
search. I forget if it only goes to the pulse amp or if it goes in and
out of a jack on the way.
Old January 30th 10, 10:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim[_4_]

On Jan 30, 9:05*am, Tony wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

I got into the machine today and found the whole selector unit loose.I
guess after 50+ years and moving, the unit become loose.I adjusted
it,checked the play.It seemed to be off 1 digit on a selection,so I
moved it a little the other direction and it plays fine.
I also cleaned the rca connection since it could have been an issue.
Thanks for replys.I appreciate them.
Tim