John F. Kennedy Signature

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 1st 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default John F. Kennedy Signature

I know it's very, very, very doubtful, but I thought I'd ask.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5821173739.jpg&s=x402

I have no reason to believe this is a forgery for monetary gain. I bought it
at a
library sale for 50 cents. It is on the front free endpaper of a beat-up
book club edition
of PT 109. I imagine it was just someone screwing around.

From the research I've done, President Kennedy had many different signature
styles.
I've looked at a few examples online, but I would like your opinions.

Does anyone have a copy of The Robot That Helped Make a President?

Also notice the black circle above and to the left of the name. That is a
fingerprint.
Maybe the black rectangle in the upper right corner was used as a makeshift
ink pad?
I don't know.

Another thought, when was the book club edition first published? There is
only the 1961 date
on the copyright page.

Thanks in advance,
Rich