Seeburg q160 TSU1 recapping

Old March 2nd 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Seeburg q160 TSU1 recapping

I decided to recap my TSU1 from my Seeburg Q160 which did not look
that hard. I have recapped old radios with success before. After
completing the unit, I tested it and one of the 0A2 tubes glowed
orange at the base. I turn if off in seconds. I rechecked my work
and everything looks good to me. I am by no means an electronics
expert. What are the chances of damaging anything by this? Any ideas
where I could of when wrong? Thanks
Old March 2nd 08, 06:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
JP[_2_]

On Mar 2, 11:50*am, wrote:
I decided to recap my TSU1 from my Seeburg Q160 which did not look
that hard. *I have recapped old radios with success before. *After
completing the unit, I tested it and one of the 0A2 tubes glowed
orange at the base. *I turn if off in seconds. *I rechecked my work
and everything looks good to me. *I am by no means an electronics
expert. *What are the chances of damaging anything by this? *Any ideas
where I could of when wrong? *Thanks

I'm not sure about the Q160 but the TSU from my 222 was positive
ground - which meant the caps had to be installed backwards. Could
the Q-160 be positive ground?
JP
Old March 2nd 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
E M F

"JP" scribbled;

"JP" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 11:50 am, wrote:
I decided to recap my TSU1 from my Seeburg Q160 which did not look
that hard. I have recapped old radios with success before. After
completing the unit, I tested it and one of the 0A2 tubes glowed
orange at the base. I turn if off in seconds. I rechecked my work
and everything looks good to me. I am by no means an electronics
expert. What are the chances of damaging anything by this? Any ideas
where I could of when wrong? Thanks

I'm not sure about the Q160 but the TSU from my 222 was positive
ground - which meant the caps had to be installed backwards. Could
the Q-160 be positive ground?
JP
Yep, it is positive ground a REG -300V supply........GC

Old March 3rd 08, 12:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic

Verify that you have the POSITIVE lead of the two electrolytic capacitors
located under the chassis connected to the chassis. The TSU series used a
positive ground on the high voltage side. If you had these connected wrong
you'd more likely see internal arc-over of the 6X4 rectifier tube.

The 0A2 tubes are gas discharge voltage regulators which normally glow purple
once the 6X4 heats up enough to begin conducting the high voltage.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article
,