Ok What's your Most Valuable Autograph?

Old August 22nd 08, 04:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default Ok What's your Most Valuable Autograph?

Just a rough estimate, what the single most valuable autograph?

Old August 22nd 08, 07:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

I have the original Star Trek cast on individual index cards which are
professionally framed/matted around an 8x10. For insurance purposes,
the valued it at $900-$1,000. I have never really checked on an
actual value. I do know that it's getting harder and harder to
authentically complete this feat now. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

"KC" wrote in message
el...
Just a rough estimate, what the single most valuable autograph?

Old August 22nd 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I know that I don't own any valuable autographs. Ha. Haven't checked
it lately. I have items $50-$2,000. I think my most valuable is the
Mother Teresa autographed FDC. I also have a Noreiga autograph which
I haven't priced.

But the most expensive autograph is the signature of William
Shakespeare.

Chip

Old August 22nd 08, 05:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

that beats me. I have thousands of graphs, but probably nothing over a
grand. Actually, I've a few worth 200-600 I am guessing, but who
knows. Several multi-signed items probably worth the most. Some
animation cels worth a couple hundred or more each I'm guessing. I
guess you never know till you auction them.

Old August 22nd 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

wrote:
I know that I don't own any valuable autographs. Ha. *Haven't checked
it lately. *I have items $50-$2,000. *I think my most valuable is the
Mother Teresa autographed FDC. *I also have a Noreiga autograph which
I haven't priced.

But the most expensive autograph is the signature of William
Shakespeare.

Chip

On Aug 21, 10:46*pm, "KC" wrote:
Just a rough estimate, what the single most valuable autograph?- Hide quoted text -

I've never checked any values, but I have a stack of signed 8x10's of
Charles Schulz, of Peanuts fame. I'm sure they are worth something !!
When i first started collecting I wrote him about 25 times and he sent
me a signed 8x10 with every letter he wrote back. Most of them even
have a letter from his secretary authenticating them that they also
included.
Old August 22nd 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_8_]

3 posters-

A 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Charlotte night race poster which has been signed
by all the pictured drivers except for Alan kulwicki, who passed before I
could get him. About 60 other autographs are included on the print, mainly
the NASCAR community who was at this event.

Next up-a 1979 Cathrine Bach poster as Daisy Duke. she personlized, and as
Catherine and Daisy-framed.

And last-a vintage Fonzie poster "Da Fonz is Cool", personalized and signed
by Fonz himself-henry winkler. Todd's autographs.com assisted me on this
one. era of poster is roughly 1976-found on eBay sealed, for $9.

Your turn, Craig... pe2

Old August 22nd 08, 10:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I also have the original series ST signed 3x5 cards. Including Gene
Roddenbury and
the guy who did the opening theme song for the series. That would be
really a lot if I
could matte these together with a great photo.

I also have the complete Gilligran's Island cast 3x5 signatures
including Alan Hale.

These two cast signature collections would be worth at least $900-
$1,500.

Chip

On Aug 22, 1:36*am, "Gummby3" wrote:
I have the original Star Trek cast on individual index cards which are
professionally framed/matted around an 8x10. *For insurance purposes,
the valued it at $900-$1,000. *I have never really checked on an
actual value. *I do know that it's getting harder and harder to
authentically complete this feat now. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3
-= Star Collector =-www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

"KC" wrote in message

el...

Just a rough estimate, what the single most valuable autograph?

Old August 22nd 08, 11:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Just a reminder for any possible new collectors reading, there is a
difference between book value and actual value (i.e.: what the next
person is willing to pay for it).

--

"Tony Evans" wrote in message
wrote in message I've never checked any
values, but
I have a stack of signed 8x10's of
Charles Schulz, of Peanuts fame. I'm sure they are worth something
!!

they're worth about $300 apiece

Old August 23rd 08, 12:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

That is a good point. My most "valuable" is a 1987 Body Press Wrestling
Program signed by the late Owen Hart. I got his brother Bret on it last
Nov. One fellow offered me $1000 for it. He knew it was legit but I could
not part with it. How about the value including what has been signed, like
my Bret Hart signed belt, $200 for the belt and they sell for about $350-400
signed.
. ..

Old August 23rd 08, 12:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Thanks for the post. I forgot to add that to mine. There is book
value, actual value and then there's the all important sentimental
value. If what the person is offering you is not what you can afford
to part with it, then it's not worth the actual value.

--

Mike
Gummby3
-= Star Collector =-
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

"KC" wrote in message
el...
That is a good point. My most "valuable" is a 1987 Body Press
Wrestling Program signed by the late Owen Hart. I got his brother
Bret on it last Nov. One fellow offered me $1000 for it. He knew
it was legit but I could not part with it. How about the value
including what has been signed, like my Bret Hart signed belt, $200
for the belt and they sell for about $350-400 signed.
. ..