Aussies only~ My footy tips this weekend.

Old August 14th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Aussies only~ My footy tips this weekend.

....and I need to rescan my MUH

http://cjoint.com/data/ioddTa3ca6.htm

Can the West Coast beat the Kangas?

Old August 14th 09, 09:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message
...and I need to rescan my MUH

http://cjoint.com/data/ioddTa3ca6.htm

Can the West Coast beat the Kangas?

Excuse my European ignorance but how can Aussies play in winter too? Is this
the global warming effect, perhaps?

--
Victor Manta

Old August 14th 09, 10:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Victor, we are made of sterner stuff! Besides, our Winters more
resemble Northern Summers than Northern Winters: the forecast top
temperature today in Melbourne was 20° C.

As for West Coast v the Kangas - who cares? Hawthorn's season looks
like it's over.

Old August 14th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation"
As for West Coast v the Kangas - who cares?

Well excuse me Mr. Flibbertigibbet.
remind me to poke you in the eye with a blunt stick
when next we meet.
If it hadn't been for a fine West Australian, you wouldn't have had a sniff
last year.

"Sterner stuff"?
Perhaps you should tell Victor about last week when Buddy Franklin
(stupidly neglecting to put his mouthguard in) got struck in the chops
and we saw a slow motion video of his front tooth spiralling in the air.
He continued to play, and had the tooth replaced at the end of the game.
Hawthorn Pshaw! one hit wonders.

Aha!
here is the video of Mr Buddy and the tooth in fine trajectory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSf0pO5PSmE

Old August 14th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Victor Manta wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Gentlemen, for your explanations. Play the whole year outside
should be funny.

BTW, your so called football looks more like rughby to me, with or without
teeth :-)

In what concerns the stamps, I liked them.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 14th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Gazza"
http://www.cricketstamp.net/189a%20E...heet let).jpg
... loose.

lose?

The current Ashes series is tied and the decider starts on the 20th at The
Oval.

Should be compulsive viewing Gazza.
Thanks for the images, first time I have spied those.

Old August 15th 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Well, Young Rodney, I am a very tepid supporter. When I was dragged
down from Sydney half a century ago, and found myself in school in
Melbourne, I had to adopt a team (you know how it is), so I chose
Hawthorn. It was inoffensive, and noone else liked it. I only reveal
it now when prodded in the ribs, and to torment my niece, who lives
in, and lives for, Geelong. My heart is still with The Game They Play
in Heaven.

"Asia-translation"

Old August 15th 09, 09:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Oh I see, an unwilling transformer.
I am directly opposite,
I played for the Navy RANATE rugby team,
well lets see, perhaps I just turned up.
Although I was originally a South Australian
I was never exposed to the aerial stuff.

I came to Perth to visit my brother, and watched a single game
where Perth was playing East Perth, and I saw one Barry Cable
sprint down the wing, bouncing the ball, and stab pass a bullet to the full
forward.
I was hooked thence forward.
(they were the days of the "drop kick")
It is most definitely the best game in the world, or, it used to be,
big money has stuffed it up, as it does everything else.

It was only today, watching on TV, and listening to the radio broadcast,
the Umpire had to wait to bounce the ball, due to TV advert commitments.
Pox on them all.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
Well, Young Rodney, I am a very tepid supporter. When I was dragged
down from Sydney half a century ago, and found myself in school in
Melbourne, I had to adopt a team (you know how it is), so I chose
Hawthorn. It was inoffensive, and noone else liked it. I only reveal
it now when prodded in the ribs, and to torment my niece, who lives
in, and lives for, Geelong. My heart is still with The Game They Play
in Heaven.

"Asia-translation"