Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Old August 15th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

Default Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

In what way is Linn's involved with this issue?

They would know, absolutely, the current copyright law for the internet. As
you write or have written for them, I presumed you would have contacts that
could quickly give the 'definitive' answer.

Linn's requires anyone who wants to republish something from Linn's,
either in print or elsewhere, to obtain permission before doing so. As I
said, I don't see where Linn's is involved in this particular issue. I
have no plans to ask their opinion about republishing Mette's pages.

BTW, I still write for Linn's regularly.

Bill
Old August 15th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

It looks like Toke Norby's post today in a new thread pretty much
settles the issue. We'll just have to wait...

Bill
Old August 15th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

In what way is Linn's involved with this issue?

They would know, absolutely, the current copyright law for the internet.
As
you write or have written for them, I presumed you would have contacts
that
could quickly give the 'definitive' answer.

Linn's requires anyone who wants to republish something from Linn's,
either in print or elsewhere, to obtain permission before doing so. As I
said, I don't see where Linn's is involved in this particular issue.

I don't see either.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 15th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
It looks like Toke Norby's post today in a new thread pretty much settles
the issue. We'll just have to wait...

Yep, we were already trained during over 4 months...

--
Victor

Old August 16th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Gerhard Reichert schrieb:
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new home?

Thank You in advance

Gerhard

Almost I regret my question, if I read this thread. I cannot imagine,
that this way of "discussion" equates to Mettes nature and her opinion
about a kind and friendly behaviour.

As long as motivsamler.dk will achieve Mettes legacy everything seems ok
to me. Just some words to "promises", "agreements" and "last wills" :

It is a basic priciple of law, that the last and newest verbalized "last
will" is the definitive one.

Mette had enough time to arrange what she wanted, and it seems to me,
she did it in a clear way with the arrangement with motivsamler.dk.

Honoring her work does not mean to struggle about it.

kind regards

Gerhard
Old August 16th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Gerhard Reichert schrieb:
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new
home?

Thank You in advance

Gerhard

Almost I regret my question, if I read this thread. I cannot imagine, that
this way of "discussion" equates to Mettes nature and her opinion about a
kind and friendly behaviour.

In this case a kind and friendly behavior means assuming their obligation
and publishing her work. Isn't this correct?

As long as motivsamler.dk will achieve Mettes legacy everything seems ok
to me. Just some words to "promises", "agreements" and "last wills" :

If it will achieve the legacy then it will be ok to everybody. But the
passed 4 months is a long enough time for something that can be done in 2
days, by working at 50% on it. What counts is finally the result, achieved
in time. Or not?

It is a basic priciple of law, that the last and newest verbalized "last
will" is the definitive one.

Yes, but then in it all previous wills should be explicitly declared void. I
haven't heard about this so far. Have you understood it this way, by chance?

Mette had enough time to arrange what she wanted, and it seems to me, she
did it in a clear way with the arrangement with motivsamler.dk.

See above, please.

Honoring her work does not mean to struggle about it.

Honoring her work means publishing it. Had the motivsamler.dk published it
or promised to publish it after a reasonable delay then there were no
"struggle" at all. Has it done any of these two? Would you accept that the
site will be published in a few years, which wouldn't be necessary unusual
for an organization that, as we learned it previously, has a lot of things
on its ""to do list""?

Note. All these questions are not necessarily addressed to Gerhard only; I'm
just trying to clarify some things :-)

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old August 16th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

:

If it will achieve the legacy then it will be ok to everybody. But the
passed 4 months is a long enough time for something that can be done in
2 days, by working at 50% on it. What counts is finally the result,
achieved in time. Or not?

Not my battle, Victor, but, NOT. If it is unclear whether my aunt has
left me her car, or left another nephew her car, it is NOT OK for me to
go break into the garage and take it -- regardless of whether I think the
execution of the will is happening according to my preferred schedule,
regardless of how right I think I am, and regardless of whether I plan to
do only "good things" with the car.

The correct question is whether YOU were given the responsibility for
this, or whether you were not. If NOT, you need to just sit and wait.
You earlier made this argument, I believe, until it looked like you were
losing, when you decided an "ends justify the means" argument.

As I said, not my battle, but your fingernails-on-a-chalkboard screeching
in this matter is offensive to the ear.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old August 16th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message

The correct question is whether YOU were given the responsibility for
this, or whether you were not. If NOT, you need to just sit and wait.

The correct answer is that I was given this responsibility too. So what
should I do now, please?

As I said, not my battle, but your fingernails-on-a-chalkboard screeching
in this matter is offensive to the ear.

Could you please tell me which is the non-"offensive to the ear" way,
excepting for continuing waiting for something that will happen in an
unpredictable future, this after already 4 months of wait? Please consider
the long "to do list" of that organization, for a task that can be done in
roughly one day.

--
Victor Manta

These Work... :) Zoom Autographs 8 January 21st 09 03:41 AM
Will this work in my C,B or R t4613 Juke Boxes 1 December 16th 08 03:12 AM
will it work for you? [email protected] Coins 2 May 28th 05 04:38 AM
No News Good News -> Ralph Victor Manta General Discussion 9 January 29th 04 12:41 AM