OT "Note! The author of this message requested .."

Old August 16th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default OT "Note! The author of this message requested .."

"Note! The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 4 days (Aug 21, 00:44)".

When I searched for old postings using Google Groups and also looked
at the postings from the thread

"Has anyone News about Mettes work"

I noticed that some of the authors had set a time limit for their
postings. They will disappear after x days. How do one do that and
why?

I use Forte Agent as my news reader and I am not aware of a
possibility to set a time limit for my postings. On the other hand a
time limit has no special effect as my postings often are quoted in
the next posting by someone else.

Furthermore I download and keep some postings on my computer (since
august 1988) and they will not automatically be removed from my
computer unless I remove them.

Is it a function in Google Groups?
--
Mvh Toke

Har du spurgt dit bibliotek om de har
min bog om postfolk 1624-1927 (1983)?:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/DDPE/
Old August 16th 09, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

Toke Nørby a écrit :
[...]

Toke, this is a standard message-header in usenet : "X-Archive : No"
(not quite sure this is the right display, though).

Some usenet servers do respect this header, and will not display the
message after a few days, some others won't.

Google Groups is not specific to this matter, however I believe they
take this header into account.

Whether you are able to include this header in a message is according
to your news-posting software abilities, or to your personal skills.

Best regards,

--
Cordialement,
Bruno

Old August 16th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

bc92 found these unused words:

Toke Nørby a écrit :
"Note! The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 4 days (Aug 21, 00:44)".

Agent has this option in the menu "Group" "Default Properties". scroll in
the 'default' box and you'll see "Expires".

...snip

Found it! Thank you very much!