Speaking of Pens & Ink

Old June 29th 08, 08:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Speaking of Pens & Ink

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"Gordon Mattingly" wrote in message
m...
Yes, I've had similar experiences with Bay State, and other inks like
Diamine's Prussian Blue. It sometimes takes me several tries to match pen
and ink for desired performance. In the case of the Bay State Blue I
finally got a very clean fine line with my Namiki Falcon with an EF nib.
The hint of flexibility in the nib also adds a dramatic effect to
sweeping lines that I appreciate. I have been quite pleased with the
marriage of the two.

Gordon

Thanks. I didn't refill my fine Falcon after cleaning out the cartridge of
its build-up of Legal Lapis, so all I have to do is move the Prera
cartridge over to the Falcon.

I'm going to go try it right now.

Weel, the Falcon still doesn't work right so I put it into distilled water
to see if any more Legal Lapis soaks away.

Expecting to set aside the Prera, I rinsed it and set it aside to soak in
detergent and water while I fiddled with the Falcon. Since the Falcon didn't
work, I rinsed the Prera, wicked it, and stuck the cartridge back in. It's
writing better and slightly broader.

I'll have to try the Falcon, again, later.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Speaking of buying more pens... Bluesea[_3_] Pens & Pencils 0 June 4th 08 02:48 PM
Speaking of Ads GreyFox Coins 2 February 12th 08 01:39 PM
Speaking of the new Franklins andyandy68 Coins 0 February 2nd 06 10:05 PM
Kaweco Modified Eyedropper Fountain Pens Now Available @ Swisher Pens Chuck Swisher Pens & Pencils 3 June 10th 05 04:54 AM
more vintage pens to pick from here are some great buy inc montblanc pens Max Davis Pens & Pencils 0 December 2nd 03 09:32 PM