Rowe/ami mm3 running backwards

Old February 1st 04, 01:05 AM
Mark

Default Rowe/ami mm3 running backwards

I bought a Rowe mm3 with the 1100 mechanism. It takes selections and
picks up the record fine, but the turntable is running backwards (ie
clockwise). I have taken a quick look at this and nothing jumps out
at me as wrong. I was wanting to see if anyone else had run into this
problem before I start tearing it apart.

Thanks,
Mark
Old February 1st 04, 03:24 AM
Bob E.

Mark wrote:

I bought a Rowe mm3 with the 1100 mechanism. It takes selections and
picks up the record fine, but the turntable is running backwards (ie
clockwise). I have taken a quick look at this and nothing jumps out
at me as wrong. I was wanting to see if anyone else had run into this
problem before I start tearing it apart.

Are you serious? The platter is *supposed* to turn clockwise. Is
this one of those AMI's with the tonearm on the left side of the
platter? ...with the cartridge mounted "backwards"? If so, that
may be where your confusion arises. Do not be tempted to mount the
cartridge the other way around! --Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)
Old February 1st 04, 05:22 AM
Philip Nasadowski

Why did AMI ever do that, anyway?
Old February 1st 04, 01:41 PM
Mark

"Bob E." wrote in message ...
Bob,
The tonearm is on the left side as you look at it from the front. I'm
more of a pinball guy, so this is new to me. I'll look at the
cartridge and see if that looks right. Currently the needle just
falls off the record, it never starts to track across.

Mark

Old February 1st 04, 09:18 PM
Mark

I'm feeling kind of stupid on this one. I guess I haven't seen a
record player int about 5 years. It just didn't seem to make sense
that it was rotating that direction based on the location of the tone
arm. After looking closer at it, it looks like all I need is a new
needle..

Mark

KLR wrote in message . ..
On 31 Jan 2004 17:05:13 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

I bought a Rowe mm3 with the 1100 mechanism. It takes selections and
picks up the record fine, but the turntable is running backwards (ie
clockwise). I have taken a quick look at this and nothing jumps out
at me as wrong. I was wanting to see if anyone else had run into this
problem before I start tearing it apart.

Thanks,
Mark

The turntable is SUPPOSED to run clockwise.
this is the same with ALL record players.

Old February 2nd 04, 02:04 PM
Jjmscf

They were able to simplify the mechanism thus making it more reliable.