Time to change the definition of "coin rotation"

Old December 24th 03, 05:15 AM
Colin Kynoch

Edward McGrath wrote:

If there is plastic mixed into the money does that mean the bills can't
get wet? Ed

The notes can get wet but they are impervious to moisture.

http://www.noteprinting.com/sc02_home.html

Gives you the official low down on the polymer notes.

Colin Kynoch

Old December 24th 03, 05:16 AM
Colin Kynoch

Bruce Remick wrote:

A.Gent wrote:

"F B" wrote in message

Jeff wrote:
Just a word of clarification from the Antipodes: our comic book coloured
money is *plastic*, not paper.
Works t'riffic, too!
They are also different sizes. larger denom larger note and different
color.
Really much easier.
Doris

I keep forgetting that all US notes are the same size.
That really is bizarre.

Small size bills "lost" in between the larger ones in the wallet would
be one potential irritation, IMO. I have become used to having the tops
of my bills flush across in my wallet. Over the years, we 'merkins also
have developed the ability to read the denominations on the corners on
our one-size paper bills, and we pass this skill down to our young.

What if your young are blind?

Colin Kynoch

Old December 24th 03, 05:37 AM
Colin Kynoch

A.Gent wrote:

"Colin Kynoch" wrote in message

The $100 is widely circulated in Australia.

As are all denominations.

Colin Kynoch

Not in *my* wallet, Colin.

;-)

You must keep spending too much in the coin shop.

;-)

Colin Kynoch

Old December 24th 03, 05:50 AM
A.Gent

"Colin Kynoch" wrote in message

A.Gent wrote:
Not in *my* wallet, Colin.

;-)

You must keep spending too much in the coin shop.

I wish.

4 kids + Christmas = no numismatic purchases this month.

Old December 24th 03, 07:02 PM
Byron L. Reed

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:16:09 GMT, Colin Kynoch
wrote:

What if your young are blind?

Colin Kynoch

They feel the engraving. An old college roommate of mine was blind and
could easily determine one denomination from another by feeling the design
on the corner.

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old December 24th 03, 07:06 PM
Byron L. Reed

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:25:27 GMT, Colin Kynoch
wrote:

Plastic is an adjective not a noun

Plastic is either, depending upon usage.

Old December 24th 03, 07:54 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

wrote:

Plastic is an adjective not a noun

Plastic is either, depending upon usage.

So, in that sense, it *is* plastic. ;-)

Alan
'couldn't resist'