HCA -- legals and illegals

Old May 30th 05, 02:59 PM
amesh

Default HCA -- legals and illegals

My checklist of stamps related to H.C. Andersen has been updated, and
includes now *authentic* postage stamps from 37 different countries, all
together 146 different stamps, a number of souvenir sheets, and other
philatelic products.

http://hca.heindorffhus.dk/frame-AndersenChecklist.htm

However, collectors should be aware that as of late our poor Andersen has
also been the victim of the production of illegal stamps from such countries
as Benin, The Islamic Republic of the Comores, Eritrea, Mali, and The
Islamic Republic of Mauritania. I am sure that many more "obscure" products
will turn up with time, and the list of these productions will be updated
whenever information is available.
--
Happy collecting :-)
Best regards

Old May 30th 05, 04:04 PM
Michael Hopper

"amesh" wrote in message
k...
[...]

In what way are the HCA stamps from "Benin, The Islamic Republic of the
Comores, Eritrea, Mali, and The Islamic Republic of Mauritania" illegal? I
presume
you do not mean counterfeit or forged.

mike

Old May 30th 05, 04:14 PM
amesh

"Michael Hopper" skrev i en meddelelse

"amesh" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Michael,
No, I do not mean counterfeited or forged. I mean illegal in the sense that
such items purport to be authentic postage stamps from the said countries,
but are not. They are labels without any postal value. Eventually read the
post from "Blair (TC)" today (30th May) in the thread "Caribbean stamp
commemorating Norwegian Royal Wedding 2001".

Mette

Old May 30th 05, 05:46 PM
Michael Hopper

"amesh" wrote in message
k...
"Michael Hopper" skrev i en meddelelse

"amesh" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Thanks for the info. I had not read anything from the thread
"Caribbean stamp commemorating Norwegian Royal Wedding 2001"
as I have no interest in either areas covered by the subject line.

mike