2015 Coin & Currency Set

Old August 26th 15, 01:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Old Usenet User

Default 2015 Coin & Currency Set

Surprisingly, this didn't sell out immediately and as of this morning,
they are still available.
When I ordered on Monday at noon, the Mint website was SLOW, indicating
to me that there were quite a few souls ordering it.
At any rate, I got my order in and it was shipped the next day.
Old August 26th 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

Surprisingly, this didn't sell out immediately and as of this morning,
they are still available.
When I ordered on Monday at noon, the Mint website was SLOW, indicating
to me that there were quite a few souls ordering it.
At any rate, I got my order in and it was shipped the next day.

I had a hard time getting in (and staying in ...), but eventually
ordered five sets around 12:30 Washington time. My order is still shown
as "processing" as of earlier today. I'm surprised that they are still
available today ... I thought that 90,000 sets would sell out within 12
- 18 hours.

The system was a LOT slower than when the March of Dimes sets sold in
March (I got in/out within five minutes that time), but about the same
as the Eisenhower special set a few weeks ago (by the time I got to the
"confirm order" screen, the sets were "no longer available", about
twenty minutes into the ordering period ...).

--
Ken Barr Numismatics Â* Â* Â* Â*email:
P. O. Box 32541 Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* website: Â*http://www.kenbarr.com
Old August 27th 15, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Old Usenet User

On 8/26/2015 4:56 PM, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
Old Usenet User wrote:

[...]

Surprisingly enough, these sets have pre-sold at a premium on eBay and
some sealed boxes have been sold too.