Dealers: few slots still avail at MSNS fall

Old October 1st 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JHL

Default Dealers: few slots still avail at MSNS fall

A few tables are still available for the Thanksgiving weekend Michigan
State Numismatic Society's fall convention. bourse application can
be found at www.michigancoinclub.org. table fee $350. no admission
charge to public.
Old October 1st 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

JHL wrote:
A few tables are still available for the Thanksgiving weekend Michigan
State Numismatic Society's fall convention. bourse application can
be found at www.michigancoinclub.org. table fee $350. no admission
charge to public.

Also looking for dealers at the Greater Houston Coin Club's "Money Show
of the Southwest" the first week of December 2008:
http://themoneyshow.houstoncoinclub.org/
Old October 5th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

This is a three or four-day show, Fri-Sat-Sun with set-up Thursday
night.

The show is over 50 years old -- 52 now?

Thousands of people attend, even in a slow year. In good years, the
problem is too many customers.

At the Thanksgiving Show, there are _two_ bourse rooms because the
Grand Ballroom is not big enough.

Dealer-to-dealer transactions are often the only reason some dealers
take a table.

Other events at this convention include a huge YN meeting as well as
Mich-Tams and Michigan Paper Money. The Exhibits, Educational Forum
and Auction round out the show.

MSNS brings out the fruit cart mid-afternoon. The YNs are trained to
take and deliver food orders from two restaurants in the Hyatt
Regency. YNs can also pass out your flyers and carry other messages.

Over the last decade, I have seen a couple of my vest-pocket friends
from local coin clubs move up to the show. If you are
active at local club shows and want to try the major leagues, this is
an easy venue.

I think there was one Spring show about 10 years ago. head-to-head
with Central States where fewer than 200 dealers attended. Typical
attendance for Thanksgiving Weekend is closer to 300 and over 300 in
bull market years.

The Hyatt is a sumptuous hotel. I know that for road warriors, one
place is pretty much the same as the next, and cheaper is better --
but there have been years when, just attending as a member of the
public, my wife and I spent the weekend at the hotel. It's a nice
getaway.

If you live within a drive of Detroit -- two hundred miles is about my
max -- this is a show worth making the time for and spending a day at.

Pins, Slots, and Arcade machines-auctions ending soon [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 October 22nd 05 06:16 PM
Michigan Show CSNS Fall show hosted by MSNS JHL Coins 1 August 24th 05 12:41 PM
MSNS fall show in Dearborn John Stone Coins 8 November 29th 04 04:04 PM
Old Slots, Arcade & Pins Wanted Richard Wolfin Juke Boxes 0 January 2nd 04 08:23 PM
Last gasp for silver dollar slots Steven Preston Coins 3 July 16th 03 09:38 PM