Who would likely vote to get rid of the $1 bill, as president?McCain, or Obama?

Old October 1st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

Default Who would likely vote to get rid of the $1 bill, as president?McCain, or Obama?

On Oct 1, 9:34�am, Paul Anderson wrote:
In article
,
�Phil DeMayo wrote:

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

He'll have a lot more to worry about than your obsessions.

I agree it's not the President's business and that he'll be involved
with other things. �But the elimination of the $1 bill is not an
obsession, it's a sensible and important step to keep our currency
system current and relevant. �In these times, think of what we could do
for $500 million a year! �That figure pales in comparison to $700
billion, but there are a lot of important programs that would love to
have a $500 million budget.

Paul

--
�Paul Anderson
� OpenVMS Engineering

I fully agree that replacing the dollar note with a dollar coin would
be a wise economic move on the part of the gubmint. However, with
regard to the OP, it's one of his many obsessions (some just outright
nutty).

Ask him about his ideas for Balto ;-)

Old October 1st 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

As it makes perfect common sense to do so NO politician will think that it's
a good idea. Billy

wrote in message
Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

Old October 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"MJKolodziej" wrote in message
owncomputing...

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 1:31?am, wrote:

Just curious to know. Who would more likely vote to get rid of, and
ultimately cause the elimination of the $1 bill as president of the
United States? I know its just a guess, but, does anyone have any
ideas?

It won't even be on the next President's radar.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Which is correct to say:
Neither candidate could give a rat's ass. OR Neither candidate
couldn't give a rat's ass.

They both could care less. ;-)

Old October 1st 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into a
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me to
return fire back at you)
Old October 2nd 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

wrote in message
This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys
who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me
return fire back at you)

It appears that you need to think about how the government works.
This hardly rises to veto level. If it were to be enacted, either
candidate would sign it without a second thought and would boast as
much as he could about the savings at the signing ceremony. Too many
more important and urgent things on their plates to fight over.

Old October 2nd 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message
This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into a
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me to
return fire back at you)

Do you actually believe that if this proposal ever made it through Congress
and to the president that it would be in its own separate bill, rather than
buried among some 300 other unrelated proposals in an unwieldly omnibus
bill?

A president doesn't "vote" on a bill by signing it. It's Congress' job to
vote. The voting is over by the time it gets to her.

Old October 2nd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Oct 1, 6:32*pm, wrote:
This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into a
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me to
return fire back at you)

Congratulations! You're even dumber than Sarge.
Old October 2nd 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Oct 1, 8:14*pm, Voltronicus wrote:
On Oct 1, 6:32*pm, wrote:

This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into a
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me to
return fire back at you)

Congratulations! You're even dumber than Sarge.

Voltronicus I don't see why anyone one bothers applying to your post.
If someone doesn't agree with you, or doesn't talk the way you think
they should you call them stupid. Why don't you go over to the
political rooms were someone might want to lisen and argue with your
stupid ass. You might even find a friend, I bet you don't have many of
them.
Old October 2nd 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Oct 1, 6:32*pm, wrote:

This topic wasn't for people to talk about obsessions. But last I
recalled, It took a signature from the president to pass a bill into a
law. So the president does vote on the issue. (Next time you guys who
would rather make remarks about me, your better, you should think
about how the government works, rather than leave room open for me to
return fire back at you)

Congratulations! You're even dumber than Sarge.

Voltronicus I don't see why anyone one bothers applying to your post.
If someone doesn't agree with you, or doesn't talk the way you think
they should you call them stupid. Why don't you go over to the
political rooms were someone might want to lisen and argue with your
stupid ass. You might even find a friend, I bet you don't have many of
them.

I take it back, Sarge is dumber.