AMI Model c transfer Problem

Old September 21st 09, 08:09 PM
DaveB DaveB is offline
Junior Member

Default AMI Model c transfer Problem

I have an AMI Model C that I decided ,over the weekend, to clean the inside plastics as well as underneath all of the motors, record rack,base and all other areas that i could get to. The problem I created is ,now when I press a selection everything works fine (other then the transfer arm has a tendency to move a little slow) until the tone arm reaches the end of the record and the reversing switch activates but will not return the tone arm, even when I manually activate the reversing switch. It still buzzes and acts like it wants to work. I did notice that when this happens that the knurled knob on the back of the motor will spin very slowly. If and when i can get the tone arm to reverse the transfer arm will pick up the record and lift it about 1-2 inchs off the turn table and stop. The only way I can get the record back to the record rack is to turn the knob on the motor by hand. Do you think I could have knocked somethig out of adjustment in the cleaning process or is there more to it? Also, if turn the knob on the back of the transfer motor at just the right time when the tone arm reaches the end of the record it will reset it to the record rack.

Sorry for the long(and confussing) discription,
Thanks,Dave
Old September 22nd 09, 09:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

DaveB wrote:
[...]

First suspect on an older AMI jukebox that is running slowly on transfer
is the bridge rectifier. If it is still the original Selenium bridge (a
bunch of metal plates on a shaft) then it needs to be replaced.

When replacing it ALWAYS add a fuse to the AC input side to the new
bridge in case it shorts out it then won't blow the transformer! A 2A
slo-blo fuse should be safe on the AC inputs, but a 1.5A Slo-blo would
be better...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com