anybody seen this truly warped book?

Old December 21st 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
michael adams[_2_]

Default anybody seen this truly warped book?

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I have been told by two different dealers that they have seen
a Victorian manual on how to stuff kittens and make dioramas
with them in costume, with versions of Gainsborough's "Blue Boy"
being a particular favourite. But I can't find any reference to
it on the web. Anybody know?

possibly

Practical Taxidermy

MONTAGU BROWNE, F.Z.S., etc..,

Curator, Town Museum, Leicester.

First pub 1884

Reprints available on Amazon $39.95

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Taxi.../dp/1905124368

Gutenberg ebook link -

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26014...-h/26014-h.htm

sample kittens quote -

" Kittens or puppies of a few days old, if nicely marked, can be stuffed
and mounted on a piece of marble for paper weights, or on red cloth for
penwipers."

With a bit of practice that's next years Christmas presents sorted
anyway

michael adams

(No this is not out practical interest. My six cats are all
neutered anyway).

A Book Collector's Book Collecting Book Francis A. Miniter[_2_] Books 0 April 17th 11 01:11 AM
Warped pages from water damage [email protected] Books 0 February 2nd 08 12:56 AM
warped boards my-wings Books 3 December 31st 06 01:31 AM
FA: Bel Ami, A Forum Book Motion Picture Edition Book, c. 1947 fishnet General 0 January 21st 06 04:27 AM
How do you fix a warped record? CSats Juke Boxes 5 March 7th 05 06:37 PM