Scott numbering system

Old July 28th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Scott numbering system

Scott numbering system is about to send me to the funny farm where all
good wackos go.
Example: Catalog note after Scott 2597, "Nos. 2595-2597 also available
in strips spaced for use in affixing machines to service first day
covers."
In my opinion that is a coil strip and needs a number, Scott doesn't
think so.
Another problem; Reissue vs Reprint. I see the reprint as the same
stamp reprinted, the reissue is a new stamp with a new date. The
reissues deserve a new number, Scott doesn't think so.
I will have to stop putting forth so much effort to correctly number
my stamps.
Those Flag Over Porch issues almost finished off the OLD one.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old July 29th 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Ralphael1"
Another problem; Reissue vs Reprint. I see the reprint as the same
stamp reprinted, the reissue is a new stamp with a new date. The
reissues deserve a new number, Scott doesn't think so.

Same as the Hungarian dated reprints.
Take Malcolm's advice and use your own cat numbering.

I use my own for the Paraguay (and others) Appendix stamps

and the Fischer numbering system for Eastern Silesia
because there are no Gibbons numbers
http://cjoint.com/data/hDcueBq5c4.htm

etc etc.

Old July 29th 09, 11:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 29 July, 02:24, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
"Ralphael1"

Another problem; Reissue vs Reprint. I see the reprint as the same
stamp reprinted, the reissue is a new stamp with a new date. The
reissues deserve a new number, Scott doesn't think so.

Same as the Hungarian dated reprints.
Take Malcolm's advice and use your own cat numbering.

I use my own for the Paraguay (and others) *Appendix stamps

and the Fischer numbering system for Eastern Silesia
because there are no Gibbons numbershttp://cjoint.com/data/hDcueBq5c4.htm

etc etc.

Yes there are (but maybe not in Simplified or eqvt.):-

Top left: 58 if overprint 9.25-9.5mm high, or 58b if 8.5mm high

Top right: 59 or 59b likewise.

Bottom left: 63 if distance between fullstops on S and O is 6mm, 63b
if it's 5.25mm

Bottom Right: 65 or 65b likewise.

Unexciting CVs.

Chris

Old July 29th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Looks like I owe an apology,
Jill has just upbraided me for not noticing it in Gibbons.
It indeed appears on Page 1 no less, of the SOTW E-J
Never seen that before.
Thanks.

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message
well there's a nice surprise.