Victorian playing cards revenue.

Old July 26th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Victorian playing cards revenue.

Here you are Joshua,

(You were "torampued" in Japanese)
A pot pourri of results from my "playing cards" search.
lots of useless information.
http://cjoint.com/data/hAfaASHkoO.htm

Old July 27th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Jul 25, 8:04*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Here you are Joshua,

(You were "torampued" in Japanese)
A pot pourri of results from my "playing cards" search.
lots of useless information.http://cjoint.com/data/hAfaASHkoO.htm

I've recently considered starting a collection of "Joker" cards, as
I've become more and more fascinating researching the history of
playing cards. The jokers are not only historically interesting to
me, as well as having (perhaps) the most intriguing art, but I thought
if I started buying decks I could sell off the remaining 52 cards more
easily than if I took, say, the aces (as someone mentioned on this
newsgroup recently, I believe.)

The "angel" on my shoulder says, "RIGHT. Like you need ANOTHER thing
to collect."

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old July 27th 09, 08:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I have an eyelash taken from the spectacles of Groucho Marx?
A 1956 rubber brake pad from an Australian "Malvern Star" bicycle?
A "falling snowflakes" christmas yo yo? (without string)
Assorted losing betting tickets from the 1995 Baalarat fillies and mares
Welter Hcp?
A single span steel bridge once used on Sydney Harbour? (pylons extra)

Any interest?
(all going for a modest investment)

"Joshua McGee"

Old July 28th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Jul 27, 12:03*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
I have an eyelash taken from the spectacles of Groucho Marx?
A 1956 rubber brake pad from an Australian "Malvern Star" bicycle?
A "falling snowflakes" christmas yo yo? (without string)
Assorted losing betting tickets from the 1995 Baalarat fillies and mares
Welter Hcp?
A single span steel bridge once used on Sydney Harbour? (pylons extra)

Old news. I have all that, except:

1. It's Karl Marx (the least funny one)
2. It's a piece of the Golden Gate Bridge
3. Not sure what a Welter Hcp is, but I probably have one somewhere.

Old July 28th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

And are you allowed to keep them indoors, or does Her Indoors insist
you keep them in the garage?

Old July 28th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I know my place, Sire, and I keep my place.
I do well, not to test the humour of my fair maiden,
for fear of lash from the Viper's tongue.
No taming of the shrew, to she who barely touches 5 feet 2,
lightly structured, she packs a punch.
If my stamps are left askew, I am cuffed roughly about the ears.

Old July 28th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jul 28, 7:54*am, "rodney" wrote:
I know my place, Sire, and I keep my place.
I do well, not to test the humour of my fair maiden,
for fear of lash from the Viper's tongue.
No taming of the shrew, to she who barely touches 5 feet 2,
lightly structured, she packs a punch.
If my stamps are left askew, I am cuffed roughly about the ears.

Sort of the Australian version of "She who must be obeyed." ? 8*)

Old July 29th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Boudicca comes to mind.........

"Blair"
Sort of the Australian version of "She who must be obeyed." ? 8*)

Old July 29th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jul 28, 8:16*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Boudicca comes to mind.........

"Blair"
Sort of the Australian version of "She who must be obeyed." ? * *8*)

In which case, she nearly appeared on some UK stamps.

Die proofs produced by Waterlow & Sons, showing the
statue of Queen Boadicea near Westminister Bridge.

http://www.stamp2.com/articles/cinde...derella13b.jpg
http://www.stamp2.com/articles/cinde...derella13c.jpg
http://www.stamp2.com/articles/cinde...derella13a.jpg
http://www.stamp2.com/articles/cinde...derella13f.jpg