Venting

Old June 7th 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Venting

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:49:34 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

what I know? I've only been not lurking for a few months I
think

I'm glad. When I came back, I was concerned that I'd have to join a forum.

Maybe there are enough of us here to rebuild this group so you don't
have to be a "guest" in a ****house.
Old June 7th 08, 05:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:06:34 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

It's a blue turquoise--or
maybe just a medium blue with a bit of green in it. It's close to PR
Tropical Blue. Anyway, it's one of my favorite blue-greens.

Here's another 2 cents: PR Naples tops Navaho Turquoise.

If you've never tried it, playing around with blues and greens in a
cartridge with syringes can be fun. What I do is mix one up, and if
it's too green, add some blue to it. I don't measure out like 19
parts this, one part that, three parts that. That's a bunch of
bull**** and a waste of time. Sometimes I wonder if those guys on FPN
don't spend days--or days and nights--perhaps on methamphetamine or
something--coming up with those 19 to 1 mixes.

LOL! Like a mad scientist except with shades of ink.

Some people have come up with some good mixes on FPN, but a good mix
on FPN, that's an exception rather than the rule.

Yeah, they're like mad scientists--you can understand Nathan Tardif
playing mad scientist, because he actually makes money from it--we
hope he makes enough to stay in business. But these FPN ****nuts who
come up with these 7 parts to 4 parts and then they might add one or
two parts of something else. They probably would have liked being
pharmacists back in the old days, when they mixed up medicine like
that, but maybe some of those FPN'ers have their own meth labs.

I have no idea what the actual proportions are on anything I've ever
mixed up--it takes enough time to mix the stuff like I do, without

One thing that is kind of required for mixing though, is Noodler's
Yellow or Noodler's Goldfinch.

Hey, I don't know if anybody gives a ****, but I came up with a
red-black that didn't go brown--using Sheaffer black and Sheaffer Red.
Sheaffer Black is a blue black instead of a brown black, like
Noodler's. But this Sheaffer black-red could probably be improved by
using Noodler's Red instead, because there is no yellow in Noodler's
Red, but a bit of yellow, I think, in Sheaffer red.

But if you come up with mix you like, it is a good idea to have a
notebook handy that you can lay down a line of it and the approximate
proportions.

Yes, I keep an Ampad for all stray note-taking. After I got my orange, I
recorded it in my journal.

If you get into inks, you'll get you a notebook that's dedicated to
ink. Mine is a Mead 5 star that I paid a dollar for.

What the hell do I care about whta's in fashion? I write in purple
and green and brown all the time.

I like purple ink a lot. I wouldn't know how to tell if it's out of fashion.

Purple is the ink I use on queer days, on days when I'm feeling a
little queer.
Old June 7th 08, 05:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:30:11 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue?

Oops. I left blank lines so I could look for it, then forgot. Sorry.

Okay, now that I've seen it, it looks nice enough. It's just that blue isn't
my cup of tea except for BSB. I like Noodler's Blue, but don't use it
because I prefer black and blue-black.

Noodler's Blue is fine, but I don't think anybody who's got American
Blue or DC Blue and Noodler's Blue uses Noodler's blue.
Old June 7th 08, 08:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Some people have come up with some good mixes on FPN, but a good mix
on FPN, that's an exception rather than the rule.

The only one I've tried was Lapindigo (more or less 50% Legal Lapis
and 50% Iraqi Indigo, now called Violet Vote). It's fairly close to
Luxury blue, doesn't dry as chalky, and it costs a lot less.

I added some Ottoman Azure and Whiteness of the Whale just because.

One thing that is kind of required for mixing though, is Noodler's
Yellow or Noodler's Goldfinch.

Yes, I've been wanting some.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old June 8th 08, 09:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue?

Oops. I left blank lines so I could look for it, then forgot. Sorry.

Okay, now that I've seen it, it looks nice enough. It's just that blue
isn't
my cup of tea except for BSB. I like Noodler's Blue, but don't use it
because I prefer black and blue-black.

Noodler's Blue is fine, but I don't think anybody who's got American
Blue or DC Blue and Noodler's Blue uses Noodler's blue.

I never got them because they didn't seem all that to me. Pro'lly my
monitor.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 8th 08, 09:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

what I know? I've only been not lurking for a few months I
think

I'm glad. When I came back, I was concerned that I'd have to join a forum.

Maybe there are enough of us here to rebuild this group so you don't
have to be a "guest" in a ****house.

Yes, even now, it's better than it was earlier.

Old June 8th 08, 10:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

But if you come up with mix you like, it is a good idea to have a
notebook handy that you can lay down a line of it and the approximate
proportions.

Yes, I keep an Ampad for all stray note-taking. After I got my orange, I
recorded it in my journal.

If you get into inks, you'll get you a notebook that's dedicated to
ink. Mine is a Mead 5 star that I paid a dollar for.

I keep loose pages for trying out new pens and inks in a binder. The Ampads
I use have the 3-holes already drilled so all I have to do is tear out the
page(s) and insert into the appropriate binder, if that's what I want to do.
Some pages stay attached in the pads because I don't have binders dedicated
for those types of notes. I put the mix proportions for the orange in my
journal because I take it with me when I travel.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, an index card would be better for
the mix because when the journal's full, I'll be taking a new volume that
won't have the ratio for the mix in it. OTOH, I already travel with index
cards, so adding another won't be any bother.

Thanks for stimulating my brain cells.

Old June 8th 08, 03:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 03:57:11 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

.. .

It sure beats being a guest in the FPN ****house.
Old June 15th 08, 05:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"masqueblanche" wrote in message
Bluesea wrote:
"masqueblanche" wrote in message

Take a look at www.twitter.com, it's basically a system for providing
continuous updates about what you are doing. Kinda like a micro-blog.

I PMed some of the contributors in the know on the closed thread and it
seem they had an ex-Mod who tended to use the forum to promote his
pro-GLBT...

Giant Lettuce, Bacon, & Tomato?

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

Thanks.

He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

Yes. An OT agenda like his could lead to hot water for the site if one chose
to pursue the site owner(s).

Old June 15th 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:28:39 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"masqueblanche" wrote in message
Giant Lettuce, Bacon, & Tomato?

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

Thanks.

He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

Yes. An OT agenda like his could lead to hot water for the site if one chose
to pursue the site owner(s).

Yeah, but you're assuming this person is telling the truth. This
person might be telling the truth, might not be. If this person is
telling the truth, well, it's a little far fetched that somebody would
seek to pursue inappropriate relationships with minors on FPN.

For one thing, FPN isn't exactly loaded with minors. There are much
better than FPN to seek out minors.

Basically, this person's "family friendly" description backs up what
I've been saying all along about FPN being basically a right wing
fundamentalist site, at least in the area of political views.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that this person's
claims are horse****.