US introduces new $10 bill

Old September 28th 05, 04:05 PM
stonej

Default US introduces new $10 bill

Sorry, no picture. Judging by the description I assume it is
of the same basic color combinations and enlarged head on the
face of the note as the other redesigned denominations.

Wire services will probably pick up a picture some time today.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/28/news...w_ten/?cnn=yes

Old September 28th 05, 04:08 PM
shreadvector

http://www.moneyfactory.com/

Why wait for those old fashioned "wire services"???

Old September 28th 05, 04:11 PM
shreadvector

http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney...dia/10download

Click on the interactive $10.

Old September 28th 05, 04:15 PM
oly

Hamilton was the servant of the Patricians & might have been amused by
the "We the People" verbage on his banknote...

oly

Old September 28th 05, 04:42 PM
stonej

Not bad overall. Perhaps a bit too much "blank" space on
the back.

Old September 28th 05, 04:58 PM
shreadvector

We need a place to stamp. Either the "Where's George" stamp or the
Golden Dollar promotional stamp.

Old September 28th 05, 05:21 PM
Michael G. Koerner

shreadvector wrote:
We need a place to stamp. Either the "Where's George" stamp or the
Golden Dollar promotional stamp.

I always use my *original* OFFICIAL WheresGeorge,com stamp (yep, I still use
it, although I had to have it remounted a few years ago) vertically on the
left margin on the front and vertically in the blank area over the watermark
on the back of all of the $5 and higher FRNs that I enter into the website (I
stamp at a 45 degree angle on the back of the $5, to make it fit). This new
$10, and I really like this design, BTW, is sufficiently similar to the last
one that I see no need to make any changes in how I 'stamp' them.

Intertesting 'Statue of Liberty' elements added to the colorfull $10 design,
too. :-)

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old September 28th 05, 07:08 PM
Paul Anderson

The Associated Press article got it right, amazingly mentioning the $2
bill!

At present, there are no plans to add color to the $1, the $2 or the
$5 bills.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old September 28th 05, 09:38 PM

Had a guy come into the coin shop asking if we had any of the new $10
bills released today. I told him that it was the picture of the new
bill that was released today, and that the notes themselves would not
be out until 2006, but he didn't believe me.
Sigh.
Tom DeLorey

Old September 28th 05, 09:58 PM
shreadvector

You should print copies of the complete newspaper articles and press
release and sell the copies.