Cleaning Plastics

Old February 4th 04, 03:03 PM

Default Cleaning Plastics

Hi all

What sage wisdom do you have for cleaning plastics? Are there
specific products that you've found effective?

I'm looking at both the clear plastics which are a bit dull, but not
too scratched up and the translucent plastics which have turned from
a milky white to a smoke brown.

Thanks,

Drnec
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Old February 5th 04, 02:32 AM
mike

Depends on the plastic. I also use the Novis products for general cleanup
and quick surface restoration and it works great. Have also used the Meguire
silicone based plastic polish and cleaner although it is more of a surface
conditioner. I usually save it for last on high detail plastics.

For surface damaged plastics, I use the Micro-mesh abrasive kit then follow
with an ultra fine compound on a buffer CAREFULLY applied. For Catalin
plastic only, A Wurly guy in Virgina turned me on to the bleach method. My
W800 had pilasters that were as brown as the veneer. I was about to use the
labor-intensive abrasive method and instead tried this. Worked excellent and
turned the plastics to a milky white. That was a few years back and they
have since then, darkened to a nice color.

Mike

.. .