Another good chuckle

Old October 10th 05, 07:25 PM
Wes Chormicle

Default Another good chuckle

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

---

Old October 10th 05, 08:56 PM
PC

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Honesty and Integrity are PARAMOUNT in my business...and I hope in yours
too!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VERY RARE COIN - UNIQUE - ONE OF A KIND, A TRUE MODERN
RARITY!"

Just give me the shivers thinking about it ...

Old October 10th 05, 11:41 PM
Ira Stein

I wrote to the seller, Alex Snopek, and told him I believed it was a
sample slab, not a prestrike coin, and here is his reply:

"Thanks for your info Ira, however I extensively researched this coin
along with NGC, and they confirmed that NGC NEVER GRADES SAMPLE SLAB
COINS...and therefore surmised that it is a pre-strike sample
coin...the coin even looks slightly different and has a different metal
composition than the production strikes. NGC has examined this coin and
fully concurrs with my information. Also, I am a very long time
Professional Numismatist, I buy and sell over a million dollars worth
of coins per year, and although I sell most of my coins privately and
not through eBay, you can check my feedback and you will see that
despite my nearly 1,000 feeedbacks, I have never received a negative or
even a neutral feedback for anything I have ever sold...I hope that
convinces you that I am not a fraud. But I do thank you for your note.
Alex Snopek, AS Numismatics & Precious Metals"

Maybe he's got something there!

Ira

Old October 10th 05, 11:58 PM
Wes Chormicle

I got pretty much the same reply to my note to him. If this is such a rare
coin, I think I would resubmit it and have it authenticated as a "pattern"
or some such designation.

No way is it going to sell for much the way it sits.

---

Old October 11th 05, 02:32 AM
bri

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
nk.net...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

---

What a load of BS.
NGC did too put grades on some of their sample slabs. That's an old NGC
sample slab.
http://www.sampleslabs.com/ngc.html

Old October 11th 05, 02:47 AM
Bill Krummel

"bri" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
nk.net...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

---

What a load of BS.
NGC did too put grades on some of their sample slabs. That's an old NGC
sample slab.
http://www.sampleslabs.com/ngc.html

Heck, on the sampleslab.com page, there is a Washington commem half with a
grade of MS66 and a serial number ending in -001. Looks just like the
auction sample slab, except for the serial number.

Bill

Old October 11th 05, 04:06 AM
dmzcompute

Bill Krummel wrote:
"bri" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
nk.net...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

---

What a load of BS.
NGC did too put grades on some of their sample slabs. That's an old NGC
sample slab.
http://www.sampleslabs.com/ngc.html

Heck, on the sampleslab.com page, there is a Washington commem half with a
grade of MS66 and a serial number ending in -001. Looks just like the
auction sample slab, except for the serial number.

Bill

I just sent him a email thru ebay asking him to remove the auction as a
deception. I did not mention what he told Ira, but did provide him a
link to the sample slab site. If it is not taken down I will report it
with a link I have. The link to the sample slabs is:

http://www.sampleslabs.com/ngc.html

David

Old October 11th 05, 06:26 AM
dmzcompute

This seller is a piece of work. Here is the response I got from him.

"Thank you for your information. I am reviewing the link you passed to
me, but as of now I have not yet found the Green Label slab with the
serial numbering that I have...I or my staff will discuss this further
with NGC. Although I do appreciate your email and this information,
please do not threaten me, that is very unprofessional and unbecoming
of any long time ANA member and Professional Numismatist as I am and I
assume you are as well. Also please note that several numismatic
professionals have looked at this coin including Mr. Sheller at NGC,
Mr. Markley, Mr. Mueller, the director of the US Mint facilites at
Philadelphia, Mr. Lehman, the good folks at Heritage and about half a
dozen renowned Professional Numismatists in Philadelphia, New York and
Vancouver. All of these folks have agreed with me about this coin."
Sincerely,
Alex Snopek

All he had to do was scroll down to item 5.1 with the link I gave him
and he would have seen his slab. He sure likes to throw out a lot of
names but when it comes down to it he is plain untruthfull.

David

Old October 11th 05, 06:41 PM
Bernhard Rich

Wes Avered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

Do you suppose he will accept any of my SAMPLE DOLLARS?

Old October 11th 05, 11:43 PM
dmzcompute

Bernhard Rich wrote:
Wes Avered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-US-Mint-Geo...cm dZViewItem

Do you suppose he will accept any of my SAMPLE DOLLARS?

This guy is a piece of work. Here is portion of his latest reply.

Good morning David,

I have looked at the attachment, but that photo is NOT the green label
that my coin is in. Mr. Sheller of NGC tells me that the Green Label
Slab was used prior to the official minting of the coin that I have and
was discontinued prior to the release of these coins. This would
support my claim that this is a pre-production coin. I am waiting for
further research from NGC about this and I will be glad to let you know
what they come up with once I receive that info. Further, it is of
great significance to note that the strike of this coin is much weaker
than the production coins and also the metal composition is
distinctively different from the actual production coins.

David, let me just add that I sell over 1 million dollars worth of
coins annually. I have customers world wide and and travel extensively
to buy and sell coin collections. I am currently in Vancouver, Canada
purchasing a $200,000 collection. Surely based on this knowledge you
don't think that I am attempting to defraud anyone of a few hundred
bucks?

I do admire your efforts in attempting to protect buyers from bad
sellers. I was on the original ANA committee that set up the official
rules for selling of coins on eBay, and I also volunteer my services in
exposing and removing fraudulent coin sellers from eBay. I have two
problem sellers right now that are clearly defrauding coin buyers.

I would write back to him, but it is a lost cause.

David