Contest

Old February 29th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Contest FINAL LIST

In article , "Jeff R." wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
Looks like the Young One is the winner! Congratulations! I only wish I
was born in 1980, I used my birth year for a guess.

Sigghhhh...
I often wish for the same thing, but for entirely different reasons.

amen brother. or 1970, 1960....sigh squared.
Old February 29th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default Contest WINNER

On Feb 29, 5:37*pm, George D wrote:
George D wrote:
It has been a long time since we have had a contest. So in celebration
of leap year here we go.

Here are the rules.

Guess the New York closing price of Silver on February 29th.

per this site.http://www.kitcosilver.com/charts.html

All entries must post to this thread by Midnight February 15th.

One entry per person. Closest guess with out going over wins.

Prize is one, one ounce, ASE.

Have fun

George

And the winner is

The Young One

Official close is $19.81 his guess was $19.64

I want to thank everyone who entered and for the almost non-negative responses throughout the contest.

The young one

Email me your snail mail address and I will get the prize off soon.

Thank everybody again

Thank you too! You did a nice thing bringing everyone together in a
flame-free thread.
Old March 1st 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ed Hendricks[_2_]

George D wrote:
And the winner is

The Young One

Official close is $19.81 his guess was $19.64

I want to thank everyone who entered and for the almost non-negative

The young one

Email me your snail mail address and I will get the prize off soon.

Thank everybody again

George

Congratulations to The Young One and thanks for the contest, George.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old March 1st 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Ahnen

Thanks George! Your contest seems to have pushed up the price for silver.
How about a contest to see how high the price of gold will go, then another
to see how low the price of gas will go?

You may be tied into some spiritual forces we don't know about!

Congrats to Young One!!

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert
"George D" wrote in message
George D wrote:
[...]

The real cause of crime is not a poverty of resources but a poverty of

values.

http://www.johnlocke.org/agenda2004/crimepunisment.htm

Old March 1st 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Young One

Thanks George D!! and thanks to everyone.
Old March 1st 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
David Farmer

And the winner is

The Young One

Official close is $19.81 his guess was $19.64

I want to thank everyone who entered and for the almost non-negative

The young one

Email me your snail mail address and I will get the prize off soon.

Thank everybody again

George

--
The real cause of crime is not a poverty of resources but a poverty of
values.

http://www.johnlocke.org/agenda2004/crimepunisment.htm

hi George,

THANKS for the excellent contest

Dave

Old March 1st 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D[_4_]

John Ahnen wrote:
Thanks George! Your contest seems to have pushed up the price for silver.
How about a contest to see how high the price of gold will go, then another
to see how low the price of gas will go?

You may be tied into some spiritual forces we don't know about!

Congrats to Young One!!

John I wish I could have a direct control or influence over the price of anything.

My concern is that the price of silver, gold, oil, etc.
is not going up but that the value of the dollar is going down.

Here is the relative changes in values for

2-4-08 2-29-08 Change

Gold 902.70 974.30 08%
Silver 16.89 19.81 17%
Platinum 1791.00 2161.00 20%

US Dollar to Euro ??????
Yen ??????
other??????

Anybody want to finish the chart?

Old March 1st 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
kathy1945

Thanks, George. That was a really exciting contest. I felt chills go
down my back when it came close to my number. The periodic updates
were true drama. Congratulations to Winner Young One.
Old March 1st 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:37:21 GMT, George D
wrote:

And the winner is

The Young One

Official close is $19.81 his guess was $19.64

I want to thank everyone who entered and for the almost non-negative responses throughout the contest.

The young one

Email me your snail mail address and I will get the prize off soon.

Thank everybody again

George

Congrats, Young One!

Old March 1st 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 02:49:01 -0500, "John Ahnen"
wrote:

Thanks George! Your contest seems to have pushed up the price for silver.
How about a contest to see how high the price of gold will go, then another
to see how low the price of gas will go?

Sounds good to me. I could use a Gold Eagle.
1/10th oz. maybe?