Found another one!

Old January 14th 05, 10:10 PM
John Carney

Default Found another one!

I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in three
days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

Old January 14th 05, 10:56 PM
bri

"John Carney" wrote in message
I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in

three
days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

I went thru 60,000 cents and could not find a single one of those.
But I did find a mess of other nice keepers.
Don't we all wish we could find a '99 type2. Or a '98 ;-)

Old January 14th 05, 11:07 PM
John Carney

"bri" wrote in message
news

"John Carney" wrote in message
I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in

three
days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

I went thru 60,000 cents and could not find a single one of those.
But I did find a mess of other nice keepers.
Don't we all wish we could find a '99 type2. Or a '98 ;-)

Only Alan finds those. I think he has a special magnet.

Old January 15th 05, 12:53 AM
John Patrick

John Carney wrote:
I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in
three days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

I've bought three $50 bags of cents through my credit union--waiting
several months in between--and never found a Type 2 cent.

Of course, which Chicago being supplied mainly by the Denver Mint,
a majority of the coins I see have that nice D on them, which is NOT
what I want to see on a 1998, 1999, or 2000 cent!

Some of you guys are lucky!

(Although I did find a 1944-S nickel in MS-63+ in my mother-in-law's
change a couple months ago.)

John

Old January 15th 05, 01:45 AM
John Carney

"John Patrick" wrote

(Although I did find a 1944-S nickel in MS-63+ in my mother-in-law's
change a couple months ago.)

John

And perhaps you'd like to tell us what you were doing rooting through your
mother-in-law's change? )

Old January 15th 05, 01:50 AM
John Patrick

John Carney wrote:
"John Patrick" wrote

(Although I did find a 1944-S nickel in MS-63+ in my mother-in-law's
change a couple months ago.)

John

And perhaps you'd like to tell us what you were doing rooting through
your mother-in-law's change? )

I have understanding parents and in-laws. When they visit us (or we
visit them), I always tend to get a big pile of change that they'd
been saving for me to look through.

Makes the visits not quite as bad as they could be.

John

Old January 15th 05, 03:46 AM
Alan Williams

John Carney wrote:

I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in three
days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

These tend to run in groups, I've noticed. When I found my three 1999
Type 2's, they all came from the same batch of rolls. When I find one,
the odds of finding more are greatly enhanced.

Alan
'they are not yet completely blended in'
Old January 15th 05, 03:46 AM
Bruce H (BoxTurtle)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:51:10 -0500, Alan Williams
is alleged to have written:
John Carney wrote:

"bri" wrote in message
news

"John Carney" wrote in message
I pulled another 2000 Type 2 Lincoln from change today, the second in
three
days. Sure wish I'd find a '99.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

I went thru 60,000 cents and could not find a single one of those.
But I did find a mess of other nice keepers.
Don't we all wish we could find a '99 type2. Or a '98 ;-)

Only Alan finds those. I think he has a special magnet.

I look through a lot of coins. ;-)

I admit that I am now searching cent rolls at a rate of 52,000 coins a
year.

Alan
'bound to find something!'

I think you're the only reason the mint still makes cents.

Bruce (and why you haven't been divorced escapes me)

ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner and
Coyote do not mix.

Old January 15th 05, 04:29 AM
Alan Williams

"Bruce H (BoxTurtle)" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:51:10 -0500, Alan Williams
is alleged to have written:
John Carney wrote:

"bri" wrote in message
news
[...]

If they want to skip the middle man and ship directly to me, I Am Ready.
;-)

Alan
'because that's not a roll of half dollars in my pocket'

GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
Found in a couple of nickel rolls this week... 1966 and 1967 (and others) Ron Coins 2 July 31st 03 01:39 PM
Yet Another Chapter in "Found in Change" John Pascarella Coins 2 July 21st 03 04:08 AM
Found in Rolls... Steve Coins 2 July 12th 03 11:47 PM
Rolls of dimes (10) - 1 silver found Ron Coins 0 July 11th 03 09:16 AM