I guess this is UK

Old February 14th 04, 06:25 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Default I guess this is UK

Strange nickel rolls today.. ;-)

Five hand-wrapped and five bank-wrapped rolls came home with me. In
addition to the US dates salvaged, I got one Canadian, one cent and one
dime (in the same roll, so I guess I'm 1¢ ahead!) and coin that's new to me.

It's a copper-colored 'Penny' with QE2 dated 1993. The size of a
nickel,no country named, the reverse is a portcullis draped by a broken
chain. UK? Aussie? Somewhere in the Caribbean? Any guesses from my
meager description?

Alan
'wishes countries would own up to their coinage'
Old February 14th 04, 06:41 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

It's a copper-colored 'Penny' with QE2 dated 1993. The size of a
nickel,no country named, the reverse is a portcullis draped by a broken
chain. UK? Aussie? Somewhere in the Caribbean? Any guesses from my
meager description?

Yes, Sir g. "UK" sounds good:

http://www.royalmint.com/talk/specifications.asp
(scroll to bottom)

Christian
Old February 14th 04, 08:07 PM
Padraic Brown

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:25:18 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
wrote:

Strange nickel rolls today.. ;-)

Five hand-wrapped and five bank-wrapped rolls came home with me. In
addition to the US dates salvaged, I got one Canadian, one cent and one
dime (in the same roll, so I guess I'm 1¢ ahead!) and coin that's new to me.

It's a copper-colored 'Penny' with QE2 dated 1993. The size of a
nickel,no country named, the reverse is a portcullis draped by a broken
chain. UK? Aussie? Somewhere in the Caribbean? Any guesses from my
meager description?

England.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old February 14th 04, 08:15 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Christian Feldhaus wrote:

Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

It's a copper-colored 'Penny' with QE2 dated 1993. The size of a
nickel,no country named, the reverse is a portcullis draped by a broken
chain. UK? Aussie? Somewhere in the Caribbean? Any guesses from my
meager description?

Yes, Sir g. "UK" sounds good:

http://www.royalmint.com/talk/specifications.asp
(scroll to bottom)

Christian

Thanks, much, Christian! Copper-plated steel, eh?

Alan
'port colander, a left-handed shipboard salad'

Old February 14th 04, 10:33 PM
A.Gent

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message

It's a copper-colored 'Penny' with QE2 dated 1993. The size of a
nickel,no country named, the reverse is a portcullis draped by a broken
chain. UK? Aussie? Somewhere in the Caribbean? Any guesses from my
meager description?

Alan
'wishes countries would own up to their coinage'

Just for future reference, we Aussies always admit to ownership of our coins. (Can't
think of any orphans in my collection.)

Jeff

Old February 14th 04, 10:36 PM
JSTONE9352

UK, not England. Billy

I believe "England" is the 39 counties
that make up that section of the UK.

If you are visiting Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland never say to someone
that you are in "England". (smile face here).

Old February 14th 04, 10:52 PM
Scottishmoney

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message

UK, not England. Billy

I believe "England" is the 39 counties
that make up that section of the UK.

If you are visiting Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland never say to

someone
that you are in "England". (smile face here).

Yeah, just try calling Billy or Ian an englishman. Laissez les flamewar
rouler

Dave

---

Old February 14th 04, 10:59 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Scottishmoney wrote:

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message

UK, not England. Billy

I believe "England" is the 39 counties
that make up that section of the UK.

If you are visiting Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland never say to

someone
that you are in "England". (smile face here).

Yeah, just try calling Billy or Ian an englishman. Laissez les flamewar
rouler

For he is an English m ay ay ay ay ANN! He is an En en en en en en en
glish Man.

Alan
'Sullivan wrote Christian Soldiers, too'
Old February 14th 04, 11:40 PM
Darren Turnbull

If you are visiting Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland never say to
someone
that you are in "England". (smile face here).

Yeah, just try calling Billy or Ian an englishman. Laissez les flamewar
rouler

That would be Englishman...!

If you see one of those dated 1972, then pop it in the post for me.

Thanks
Darren