Looking For an Ink Recommendation

Old July 18th 04, 11:05 PM
Dave

Viseguy wrote:

Let's face it, it's attractive, it's unusual, but, at bottom, O.R. is just
another shade of red. And red is not for correspondence. Mother knows best.

Well, doesn't it depend on the correspondent?

In formal circumstances, using any colour that calls attention to itself
in any way is probably not a good idea. But not all circumstances are
formal.

David
Old July 19th 04, 04:17 AM
JimL

-----SNIP-----------
have enough ink. Well, I am losing that argument. Fortunately, when you

argue
with yourself, you can win even when you lose.

I lose and win arguments with myself all the time. either we're nuts, or
we're both normal. either way - we win! :-)

I used to talk to myself frequently. But unfortunately, I lost my
phone number. Now I'm very lonely.
Old July 20th 04, 08:58 PM
Bluesea

"Viseguy" wrote in message
om...

A couple of months ago, in a flush of enthusiasm over one of Nathan's
new inks, I wrote a rather long letter to a European friend, five or
six pages, in Ottoman Rose. At the time I thought it was way cool to
use this new incarnation of a long-lost "classic" color, but now ... I
think it was a mistake. Let's face it, it's attractive, it's unusual,
but, at bottom, O.R. is just another shade of red.

NO-nononononono!

Red is RED and OR is ROSE, a very dignified way for a guy to write with pink
'cause it's a deep pink and doesn't look frilly or feminine like Sheaffer's
pink.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old July 20th 04, 09:54 PM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

Bluesea wrote:
Red is RED and OR is ROSE, a very dignified way for a guy to write
with pink 'cause it's a deep pink and doesn't look frilly or feminine
like Sheaffer's pink.

Or, as a friend of mine calls it: man-pink.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old July 21st 04, 04:04 AM
Dave

Bluesea wrote:

Red is RED and OR is ROSE, a very dignified way for a guy to write with pink
'cause it's a deep pink and doesn't look frilly or feminine like Sheaffer's
pink.

I agree with you there. I used frilly ink once, and it just didn't suit
me.

Dave

We can call someone a he-man:
Why don't we call the other kind a she-man?
Old July 21st 04, 11:37 AM
so what

Dave wrote:
I agree with you there. I used frilly ink once, and it just didn't suit me.

Sort of ruffled your feathers, eh?

delete what doesn't belong there

Satrap
I find delusions of grandeur to be absolutely true
Old July 21st 04, 03:57 PM
Al Wesolowsky

Bluesea wrote:

:"Viseguy" wrote in message
. com...
:
beaucoup de la snippage.....
: I wrote a rather long letter in Ottoman Rose.
: I think it was a mistake. Let's face it
: at bottom, O.R. is just another shade of red.

:NO-nononononono!
:Red is RED and OR is ROSE, a very dignified way for a guy to write with pink
:'cause it's a deep pink and doesn't look frilly or feminine like Sheaffer's
ink.

I know what you're thinking, punk. Did I use Sheaffer's Pink or Ottoman
Rose? Well, in all the excitement I sorta lost track myself. But seeing
as how this is a Pelikan M1000, the most commodious fountain pen in the
world, and can stain your shirt right through, you gotta ask yourself
one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Anyway, I like OR a lot, and use it for correspondence.

--
Al B. Wesolowsky o Unlike J. W. Hardin, my foolish moves
o have been many.
Old July 22nd 04, 06:07 AM
Viseguy

"Bluesea" wrote...

NO-nononononono!

Red is RED and OR is ROSE, a very dignified way for a guy to write with pink
'cause it's a deep pink and doesn't look frilly or feminine....

That's exactly what I kept telling myself as I wrote the letter!
Alternating with, "A red Phileas is a very dignified way for a guy to
write with a pink pen." And, "It's not like I'm writing on pink paper
or anything!" Very comfortable with my feminine side, I am.

Well, I think this trans-Atlantic friendship will survive six pages of
O.R. OTOH, he hasn't answered my letter.... Oh god, he doesn't LOVE
me anymore!!!! I mean ... hey! yo! whazzup, buddy?

--
ViseGUY, who never, EVER writes letters with SHAH's Rose (and only
occasionally uses pink paper)
Old July 22nd 04, 07:23 AM
Bluesea

"Viseguy" wrote in message
om...

That's exactly what I kept telling myself as I wrote the letter!
Alternating with, "A red Phileas is a very dignified way for a guy to
write with a pink pen."

Ha. I followed Ottoman Rose with Widow Maker in my red Phileas, but I
haven't had the nerve to write anyone with Widow Maker 'cause of the Echo of
Mom.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old July 22nd 04, 07:26 AM
Bluesea

"Al Wesolowsky" wrote in message

Anyway, I like OR a lot, and use it for correspondence.

Yeah, OR rocks!

--
~~Bluesea~~