Wurlitzer Peacock

Old June 10th 07, 12:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Wurlitzer Peacock

Was at an estate sale yesterday, guy had a Wurlitzer Peacock jukebox
that he said was a 1932 model, not sure of the model number of it,i
thought it to be an 850 from 1941. Was missing the the top part,the
dome. It would be a restoration project,but my question is would it
cost a fortune to do it and how hard would parts be to find for it?
Could a amateur like myself be able to restore it? Would it be worth
getting for $1000 or less? Thanks

Old June 10th 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

NO! It's not worth more than $10.00!
PLEASE send me the name address, and phone number of the seller immediately
so that I can chastise him in person...
This isn't April Fool's Day, is it?
But Seriously, If you are saying that it is missing the plastic and metal
casting part of the done, it's an easy fix. If it is indeed an 850 Peacock
it's worth probably $30,000 or more restored. BUY IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

oups.com...

Old June 11th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
pennyarcadecollector

On Jun 10, 7:56 am, "Keith Stelter" wrote:
NO! It's not worth more than $10.00!
PLEASE send me the name address, and phone number of the seller immediately
so that I can chastise him in person...
This isn't April Fool's Day, is it?
But Seriously, If you are saying that it is missing the plastic and metal
casting part of the done, it's an easy fix. If it is indeed an 850 Peacock
it's worth probably $30,000 or more restored. BUY IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

wrote in message

oups.com...

Was at an estate sale yesterday, guy had a Wurlitzer Peacock jukebox
that he said was a 1932 model, not sure of the model number of it,i
thought it to be an 850 from 1941. Was missing the the top part,the
dome. It would be a restoration project,but my question is would it
cost a fortune to do it and how hard would parts be to find for it?
Could a amateur like myself be able to restore it? Would it be worth
getting for $1000 or less? Thanks- Hide quoted text -

If you do not want it I would love to restore it myself, there are
parts out there to restore this, might take some $$$$ and time, but
they are available
Terry

Old June 11th 07, 12:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
J.C.

On Jun 10, 7:54?am, wrote:
Was at an estate sale yesterday, guy had a Wurlitzer Peacock jukebox
that he said was a 1932 model, not sure of the model number of it,i
thought it to be an 850 from 1941. Was missing the the top part,the
dome. It would be a restoration project,but my question is would it
cost a fortune to do it and how hard would parts be to find for it?
Could a amateur like myself be able to restore it? Would it be worth
getting for $1000 or less? Thanks

What's the address and phone number? It's a piece of junk...lol.
I'd have had it in my truck and the money in the guy's hand before he
could change his mind because he just gave a rare and valuable jukebox
away.

Old June 11th 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mike H

On Jun 10, 7:54 am, wrote:
Was at an estate sale yesterday, guy had a Wurlitzer Peacock jukebox
that he said was a 1932 model, not sure of the model number of it,i
thought it to be an 850 from 1941. Was missing the the top part,the
dome. It would be a restoration project,but my question is would it
cost a fortune to do it and how hard would parts be to find for it?
Could a amateur like myself be able to restore it? Would it be worth
getting for $1000 or less? Thanks

I am currently restoring 3 Wurlitzer 850's and can tell you, it's
tough to find parts for them anymore. Jukebox Junction is not making
repro castings anymore and if you need an upper scroll or drapery
casting, you're going to have a hard time finding them. Original
plastics are hard to get and I understand repros may not be made any
more. Not to mention that many parts only fit an 850, nothing else.
Is the actual wood dome part of the cabinet gone? That opens up a
huge can or worms. Does it have a front door and is it intact? If you
can send me a picture or two, I'll give you an honest evaluation of
what you have to work with.
Have you ever restored a 40's Wurlitzer? The 850 is not one of the
easiest to restore. I would be happy to help with your questions about
this. I've been restoring Wurlitzers for 30 years now. I'm also not
trying to deter you from trying to do a resto yourself, just realize
what you're getting into. Good luck, Mike

Old June 11th 07, 04:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joe H

I was at the flea market yesterday and this guy had four wurlitzer
950's for sale for $50 each, should I buy them??
This has to be a hoax.

Old June 11th 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mike H

On Jun 11, 11:09 am, Joe H wrote:
I was at the flea market yesterday and this guy had four wurlitzer
950's for sale for $50 each, should I buy them??
This has to be a hoax.

Not necessarily. One of the 850's I have sitting here was found and
bought within the last 2 years for less than a grand. Sure it's rough
and needs a lot but the customer sent me pictures and descriptions and
ended up buying it. Let's wait and see if he comes back and,
hopefully, has some pictures of it.
Oh yeah, one of the very early collectors bought 3 950's from an
operators widow for $25 each. Right away, he sold them for $2500 each.
We'll see. Mike

Old June 13th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Coinopwarehouse

I found a Wurlitzer 430 speaker this week, admittedly in horrible
shape, but their asking price was $110. The deals are out there. It
is now sitting at my shop so it does happen.

Czech Rhinestone Earrings; Lenox Peacock Candy Dish and more countryjoe General 0 October 29th 05 12:57 AM
wtb: rockola peacock (100cd) [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 December 19th 04 11:43 PM
Wurlitzer Pascal Juke Boxes 0 November 7th 03 02:10 PM
No Reserves - 14K Rock Crystal Mourning, Wide Maciel Cuff, Wonderful Native American MAN"s Bracelet, Arts & Crafts Peacock, 18K Filigree Diamond Ring, Bakelite Reverse Painted Union Jack, More! Megan McGee's General 0 October 12th 03 10:17 PM
FS: Wurlitzer 5100, 5110, and 5112 Wurlitzer speakers Lloyd Thoburn Juke Boxes 0 August 19th 03 02:12 AM