James Campen tries to talk to Favre

Old July 16th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

Default James Campen tries to talk to Favre

Apparently this was Campen's idea to play hardball and force the issue?

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ary.aspxPacker coach was an intermediaryBy Don WalkerTuesday, Jul 15 2008, 09:15 AMThere have been a lot of strange twists and turns in the Brett Favre saga,most of which have been documented in today's Journal Sentinel and inprevious postings on this blog.Here's another one. It seems assistant coach James Campen was used by theteam as an intermediary with Favre.In a way, Campen's role makes some sense. He used to play with Favre and isclose to the quarterback. In Greta Van Susteren's interview with Favre, thefirst part of which aired last night on the Fox News Channel, Favre saidCampen calls him "Bud," as in Buddy.But then things got a little strange just a few weeks ago, according to theinterview transcript. Here's what Favre told Van Susteren:"James Campen, our offensive line coach who was sent down here, not so muchto talk me out of coming back, definitely not to talk me into coming back,more or less to, you know, 'Brett' - and I thought he did a great job. Andhe was my line of communication when Ted was supposed to be calling orcoming down here to say, 'Look, Brett, you know, you're having secondthoughts. Let's work this out, either with someone else or whatever.""I'm having to tell this dude - James - once again, our offensive line coachwho we played two years ago and all this stuff. So they felt like he couldtalk to me or whatever."And the last time he came down was unannounced. He flew in from Austin,Texas. And they had made reference to him coming down here, but as afriend."The last time was several weeks ago. He comes down and he shows up and hesays, 'Brett, I'm in Hattiesburg." I said, "What are you doing...."Favre said Campen told him he was supposed to be in Hawaii vacationing withhis family, but was deployed to Hattiesburg to talk to Favre."And I said, 'James, what are you doing here? I mean, enough is enough.'And he says, 'I agree. I'd rather be in Hawaii.'"He said, 'But I've got an answer for you.' And I said, 'Well, what do youmean?' And he goes, 'Well, I know what they're going to do if you decide tocome back.'"So I'm like, 'All right.' He's like, 'Come over.' So I'm like, 'I'm busyright now. I've had enough of it.'"So he goes and watches two movies. He keeps sending me messages, 'I'mwatching' this movie, that movie. 'This one's good, this one's bad.'Whatever, you know."Eventually, Campen comes to Favre's house.Says Fav "He says, 'You know, I know they told you they're moving on andplaying there's not an option. Playing here in Green Bay is not an option,which that's what they want. They want to move on. But I'm telling you, ifyou reinstate or you force their hand, back them in a corner, they feel likethey have no other option, they're going to accept you back.'""And he said, 'Just telling you.' And I said, 'OK.'"--"Line up alphabetically by height" - Bill Peterson, Florida State HeadFootball Coach

....can we talk! New Technology Available! Football (US) 0 January 18th 06 06:11 PM
Trash talk Doug Donaghue Coins 0 January 1st 06 08:31 AM
Someone Talk Me Out of It! Oregon Coins 16 October 12th 04 02:46 AM
Hello ! let's talk about this ! Mike Books 13 July 14th 03 08:22 PM
Hello ! let's talk about this ! Courtney Love Books 0 July 14th 03 05:59 AM