Chicago Tribune pro-dollar-coin article

Old July 17th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

Default Chicago Tribune pro-dollar-coin article

The Chicago Tribune has an article about dollar coins. They published
it on July 10 but it's appearing in other newspapers too.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...rbill--0710jul
10,0,5335050.story

It is a reasoned and factually-correct article that suggests it makes
sense to eliminate dollar bills in favor of coins.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old July 18th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message
news
The Chicago Tribune has an article about dollar coins. They published
it on July 10 but it's appearing in other newspapers too.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...rbill--0710jul
10,0,5335050.story

It is a reasoned and factually-correct article that suggests it makes
sense to eliminate dollar bills in favor of coins.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Hewlett-Packard Company

Hello

I read the story also on the link shown below. I wonder how many
Dollar Bills are replace each year? I can see some Congressman trying
to show that he is reducing federal spending by introducing a Bill, to
limit production of the Dollar Bill.