Houston credit union nixes loose change

Old July 16th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

Default Houston credit union nixes loose change

George D wrote:

They get it at the same place the Government gets Federal aid. From
MY and your pocket. The 5% is added into the cost of doing business
and passed on to you in higher prices. The Feds. get it from my
Great, Great, ( who knows how many great) grand Children. So to
answer PC's answer everyone should care..

It wasn't *my* question. It was the question that I think most people would
ask. I agree with your statements.

Old July 17th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:18:38 GMT, George D
wrote:

Dave Allured wrote:
dsybok wrote:
"Leo Marx" wrote:

Get use to it. The cashless society is the future.

When I'm in line at the store, any store, it seems like I'm the only one
using cash.

A twenty dollar bill is still faster than any debit card.

JAM
Why would you want to use cash, when credit cards companies fall over
themselves to rebate you 5% on grocery purchases. I use cash for NOTHING
these days, becuase at the end of each year American Express sends me a
check for $900-$1000, well a statement credit anyway. If you do not carry a
balance, thats free money. Using a $20 just for the sake of maybe getting
some unusual coin in my change, which almost never happens the way it used
to 20 years ago, is a waste of a lot of free money.

And where do you suppose the credit card companies get the "free cash"
for your 5% rebate? And why?

--Dave

They get it at the same place the Government gets Federal aid. From MY and your pocket.
The 5% is added into the cost of doing business and passed on to you in higher prices.
The Feds. get it from my Great, Great, ( who knows how many great) grand Children. So to
answer PC's answer everyone should care..

I'd sure like to find a credit card that pays 5% on all purchases (as
more than an introductory offer). One or two percent is what I find.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 17th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

tony cooper wrote:

I'd sure like to find a credit card that pays 5% on all purchases (as
more than an introductory offer). One or two percent is what I find.

Same here. I have an airline card which gives me a mile per dollar spent.
I figured out once that it works out to about $0.01 per dollar.

Old July 17th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

PC wrote:
tony cooper wrote:

I'd sure like to find a credit card that pays 5% on all purchases (as
more than an introductory offer). One or two percent is what I find.

Same here. I have an airline card which gives me a mile per dollar
spent. I figured out once that it works out to about $0.01 per dollar.

Only if you use the miles. I have an AAA card that gives me 2% back on all
gas purchases. I used to always pay cash for gas, but quit doing that
months ago. Saves hassle, too. Butcha gotta watch for upcharges, etc. that
might not be in plain sight at a lot of places.

James

Old July 17th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

Mr. Jaggers wrote:

Same here. I have an airline card which gives me a mile per dollar
spent. I figured out once that it works out to about $0.01 per
dollar.

Only if you use the miles.

Oh, I do. :-)

Old July 17th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:

Dave Allured wrote:
dsybok wrote:
"Leo Marx" wrote:

[...]

Mine rebates 5% on gasoline purchases and 1.2% on all other purchases.
While that saves over 20¢ a gallon, I sure wish it did so "real time" to
make me feel even better.

Old July 17th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:48:55 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

PC wrote:
tony cooper wrote:

I'd sure like to find a credit card that pays 5% on all purchases (as
more than an introductory offer). One or two percent is what I find.

Same here. I have an airline card which gives me a mile per dollar
spent. I figured out once that it works out to about $0.01 per dollar.

Only if you use the miles. I have an AAA card that gives me 2% back on all
gas purchases. I used to always pay cash for gas, but quit doing that
months ago. Saves hassle, too. Butcha gotta watch for upcharges, etc. that
might not be in plain sight at a lot of places.

Racetrack gasoline stations issue a card that gives a 10% rebate, but
*only* on gasoline purchases, and *only* for an introductory period of
60 days. After the introductory period, the rebates drop to 3% on
gasoline and 1% on other purchases. Gasoline only from Racetrack.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 17th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"Leo Marx" wrote in message
dsybok wrote:

"Leo Marx" wrote:

Get use to it. The cashless society is the future.

When I'm in line at the store, any store, it seems like I'm the only
one
using cash.

A twenty dollar bill is still faster than any debit card.

JAM

Why would you want to use cash, when credit cards companies fall over
themselves to rebate you 5% on grocery purchases. I use cash for NOTHING
these days, becuase at the end of each year American Express sends me a
check for $900-$1000, well a statement credit anyway. If you do not carry
balance, thats free money. Using a $20 just for the sake of maybe getting
some unusual coin in my change, which almost never happens the way it
used
to 20 years ago, is a waste of a lot of free money.

Anonymity. When I use cash I'm not being counted, categorized and
analyzed.

No such thing as free money. Every retailer factors in the cost of
accepting cards and adds it ot the buyer's cost.

JAM

Not true in my case.
mk

Foreign loose change Dave[_8_] Coins 9 February 23rd 08 04:31 AM
Man sets credit union record with coin deposit stonej Coins 3 May 26th 05 11:26 AM
Half-Dollars (found in credit union) Steve MacGregor Coins 1 December 10th 04 08:53 PM
Any one got some loose change? Giltedge04 Books 3 October 17th 03 12:17 AM
Pleasant Surprise at the Credit Union Steve Ruud Coins 0 August 7th 03 12:19 AM