opinions, please

Old March 27th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default opinions, please

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 04:55:43 GMT, in (e) did carve
unto the very living rock upon which we now stand:

i have 308 40% halves i'm thinking of ebaying.
about 30% are au-bu. i seperated a roll of 23 63+s
would $608 for the bag be too high?
actual cost shipping.

I think $608 would be too high.

Melt value for the coins (assuming $10.69 for silver, Friday's NY Bid
close) is only $487.03.

An eBay search for completed "Kennedy 40% BU" auctions shows a lot of
200 68-Ds that sold for $271.57 plus 12.95 s/h.

I know that when silver was lower ($9.00/oz) nobody wanted to by them
except at face. I had a few leftover and recently traded them at the
Central Florida Coin Show a couple of weeks ago. Got more than face
for them so I felt I did OK.

I don't mind being a seller of 40% halves (especially when I get them
from the bank at face), but I don't think I'd ever be a buyer at
anything over face. (Now that I've said that, silver will rocket to
$100/oz and even the 40% halves will be in demand!)

Just my $.02

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)

It's more than you think:
http://www.premierpersonalization.com
Old March 27th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" was doing some figuring and then said:
good 2 cents, thanks. i thought they were worth $1.85
each. i must have misread kitco...

To determine the value of the 40% halves, multiply the price of silver times
..14792. As I type this, silver is selling at $10.87, making the 40% silver
coins weigh in at $1.61.

Señor Amistad
'trying to find my abacus to double-check those values'