Boooooring - was Labeling Postings

Old December 11th 03, 04:30 PM
Grandpa

Default Boooooring - was Labeling Postings

sigh I suppose it would be a problem if we had hundreds of messages
daily, however....................

Old December 11th 03, 05:53 PM
Tracy Barber

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:30:39 -0700, Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net
wrote:

sigh I suppose it would be a problem if we had hundreds of messages
daily, however....................

Oh... Oh... Oh... Go soak a stamp! :^P

Wazzup?

Tracy Barber
Old December 11th 03, 06:10 PM
Grandpa

wrote:

sigh I suppose it would be a problem if we had hundreds of messages
daily, however....................

Oh... Oh... Oh... Go soak a stamp! :^P

Wazzup?

Believe it or not, I'm about to soak another batch. Thats about as much
fun as watching paint dry, grass grow and womens NBA.

Old December 11th 03, 08:40 PM
Tracy Barber

wrote:

sigh I suppose it would be a problem if we had hundreds of messages
daily, however....................

Oh... Oh... Oh... Go soak a stamp! :^P

Wazzup?

Believe it or not, I'm about to soak another batch. Thats about as much
fun as watching paint dry, grass grow and womens NBA.

Well, I most certainly DO NOT watch them soak. I always have
something else in the fire, such as watching TV, reading e-mails, you
name it!

I then come back to them later on, when they're nice and soaked. Same
goes for the rinse 1 and final rinse cycles.

The drying part is the only true time-intensive step, because I have
to make sure that they are laid out just right and all that.

Wash cycle gets my attention when moving from wash to rinse. I always
remove as much gunk as I can (WITH FINGERS!) before moving them on to
the 1st rinse cycle.

[ This may be a good start for a washing machine ad! ]

Anyway, women's NBA is that boring?

Tracy Barber
Old December 11th 03, 09:41 PM
Grandpa

Tracy Barber wrote:

Wash cycle gets my attention when moving from wash to rinse. I always
remove as much gunk as I can (WITH FINGERS!) before moving them on to
the 1st rinse cycle.

I try to also but they always stick to the sides of the tub after the
spin cycle and are a real PITA to peel offVBG.

Anyway, women's NBA is that boring?

OMG, you don't know the half of it, in fact I find basketball
bass-e-bow to be boring, but I do like the stamps. Now baseball and
football are where its happening. Rugby and ice hockey are pretty slick
too.

I know there have been some stamps for baseball, some of the players I
think and for sure the stadium series, and early football heros. I
wonder if there are any for rugby or ice hockey?

Old December 12th 03, 05:02 AM
Tracy Barber

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:41:44 -0700, Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net
wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote:

Wash cycle gets my attention when moving from wash to rinse. I always
remove as much gunk as I can (WITH FINGERS!) before moving them on to
the 1st rinse cycle.

I try to also but they always stick to the sides of the tub after the
spin cycle and are a real PITA to peel offVBG.

There ya go again, thinking of food. :^)

Anyway, women's NBA is that boring?

OMG, you don't know the half of it, in fact I find basketball
bass-e-bow to be boring, but I do like the stamps. Now baseball and
football are where its happening. Rugby and ice hockey are pretty slick
too.

On the ice, especially...

I know there have been some stamps for baseball, some of the players I
think and for sure the stadium series, and early football heros. I
wonder if there are any for rugby or ice hockey?

Yes. Rugby - New Zealand. Hockey - Canada. No doubt these are the
only countries that have them. I know these 2 because of items I have
sold / am selling.

Tracy Barber
Old December 12th 03, 06:22 AM
TC

wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote:

Wash cycle gets my attention when moving from wash to rinse. I always
remove as much gunk as I can (WITH FINGERS!) before moving them on to
the 1st rinse cycle.

I try to also but they always stick to the sides of the tub after the
spin cycle and are a real PITA to peel offVBG.

Anyway, women's NBA is that boring?

OMG, you don't know the half of it, in fact I find basketball
bass-e-bow to be boring, but I do like the stamps. Now baseball and
football are where its happening. Rugby and ice hockey are pretty slick
too.

I know there have been some stamps for baseball, some of the players I
think and for sure the stadium series, and early football heros. I
wonder if there are any for rugby or ice hockey?

Of course there have been. (I assume you mean worldwide.)

Blair

Old December 12th 03, 04:29 PM
Grandpa

TC wrote:

OMG, you don't know the half of it, in fact I find basketball
bass-e-bow to be boring, but I do like the stamps. Now baseball and
football are where its happening. Rugby and ice hockey are pretty slick
too.

I know there have been some stamps for baseball, some of the players I
think and for sure the stadium series, and early football heros. I
wonder if there are any for rugby or ice hockey?

Of course there have been. (I assume you mean worldwide.)

Yessir, WW was meant. I collect US mainly and a few Canada so I'm not
up on the WW stuff. Thanks...

I read an article in our newspaper a bit ago (US) that mentioned the
most dangerous job in Sweden was herding Reindeer, and that got me to
wondering if Reindeer were present in Denmark and other Scandinavian
countries as well, I assume they are? How about on stamps - I'm a lover
of critters? Tracy, don't even go thereG!

Old December 12th 03, 04:58 PM
Michael Appel

Well, no reindeers in Denmark (except on the 24th, when santa visits us),
but the other scandinavian countries, yes. And i don't remember any danish
stamps with reindeers as well. Perhaps on some of our christmas seals, i
have to check.

Michael

Old December 12th 03, 05:17 PM
TC

wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote:

[...]

I suspect that a number of others have issued them as well.
(Hockey is an Olympic sport, remember)

Canada -
http://www.abalene.com/images/Stamps...StampCover.jpg
http://www.abalene.com/images/Stamps...StarStamp1.jpg