ROWE/AMi CD-100F Laserstar V

Old November 24th 12, 04:47 AM
librat librat is offline
Junior Member

Default ROWE/AMi CD-100F Laserstar V

Hi! My name is Cheryl and I recently acquired this jukebox. I am having issues getting it to work properly. I have looked through the manual and followed directions to a "t" and it seems to be going backwards! I tried the full initialization and it initialized 1 out of 96 disks. Then out of the blue, it randomly plays a song (random play, I am assuming) so I know the laser works and it does play. I tried adding one at a time... Service mode 31 enter disk press popular back to normal mode. It will pull down the CDs I enter then run through full initialization again. I check and it says initialized maybe 6 this time. I check which ones and it is none of the ones I entered. So I try to add a few more. Same thing but this time it initialized about 12 (none of the ones I entered again) I tried a few times and its always different disks and different amounts. The ones that ARE initialized will play if I select them and the others will display "not allowed". I am really confused and very frustrated for I love my jukebox and I'm ready to roll it out the door. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do I would appreciate it. Please and Thank you
Old November 24th 12, 12:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Todd Mc

Cheryl
Are you using burned discs? I have had alot of trouble with burned discs. If
most of you CDs are original than you player might be going out. Here are a
few place that carry them
http://www.abjukeboxrepair.com/

http://na.suzohapp.com/

Make sure to get the pro player II, and use static protection when changing
the player.
Good luck
Todd

--
librat

Old November 25th 12, 01:57 AM
Gmari Gmari is offline
Junior Member

Location: Glen Rock, NJ

Thanks for the lead on A&B jukes. We just brought a laser star home. It worked when we bought it and 5 hours later upon reinstalling the mech it doesn't. The changer finds the CD, puts it in the player, the player rotates about 1/4 a turn then ejects the cd. Is our player burned out? We checked the plugs. Any advise would be appreciated
George in jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mc View Post

Old November 26th 12, 01:35 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmari View Post
Thanks for the lead on A&B jukes. We just brought a laser star home. It worked when we bought it and 5 hours later upon reinstalling the mech it doesn't. The changer finds the CD, puts it in the player, the player rotates about 1/4 a turn then ejects the cd. Is our player burned out? We checked the plugs. Any advise would be appreciated
George in jersey
Hello George,

It sounds as if you have problems with the laser or the mechanism control unit I suggest you get in contact with Bruce at AB.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old November 27th 12, 03:57 AM
Gmari Gmari is offline
Junior Member

Location: Glen Rock, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hood View Post
Hello George,

It sounds as if you have problems with the laser or the mechanism control unit I suggest you get in contact with Bruce at AB.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Thanks Alan. Now nothing happens when a selection is made. Not sure how I could have blown this working juke up so fast.
George