seeburg 222 mech. removal

Old October 24th 05, 03:52 PM
flashbk13

Default seeburg 222 mech. removal

Hi All,
How do I get the entire mech assy out of the cabinet? It won't slide
out the back and the selector assy is in the way on the front. I assume
that has to be removed, but how? The manual doesn't go into that. Thank
you, Rick.

Old October 24th 05, 04:30 PM

Hi Rick,
I don't have 222, but I just went out to look at my 220 after I read
your post. On my 220, the selector assembly is not in the way. After
the trim is removed from around the mech (and all the connecting cables
are disconnected from the amp and the control center), on the 220 it
just slides out the front (remove pins which secure mech base into
guide slots/rails.) The selector is below all of this, as it is built
into the chrome of the cabinet below where the mech slides out.
Whatever you do, don't pull the mech by the "selection now playing"
indicator bar....pull from behind the bar on the metal parts of the
mech base.
As you begin to pull the mech forward, toward the point where the front
edges of the mech would hit the selector chrome area, there will be
enough "play" to lift up and get the mech over the edge of the chrome.
It's a good idea to have a friend (or spouse) help you as you do this;
not just for the weight, but also in case a connecter or plug gets
"hung up", or caught along the way. Hope this helps, Rob

Old October 24th 05, 10:46 PM
flashbk13

Thank you for that detailed info. It does help alot Rick.