(RCSD) Stamp Scandal

Old May 8th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default (RCSD) Stamp Scandal

While working on my Europa collection I ventured into the 50th
Anniversary issues. Holy Cow, what a can of worms I got into.
My search brought up Stamp Scandal.com.
According to this site Michel lists illegal stamps of Afghanistan and
Benin of the 50th Europa. Much more information is on the website
about the nasty stamp people who are involved with stanp scandals.
I am working under the assumption the site is posting true
information.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old May 11th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Milco

On May 8, 4:42*pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
While working on my Europa collection I ventured into the 50th
Anniversary issues. *Holy Cow, what a can of worms I got into.
My search brought up Stamp Scandal.com.
According to this site Michel lists illegal stamps of Afghanistan and
Benin of the 50th Europa. Much more information is on the website
about the nasty stamp people who are involved with stanp scandals.
I am working under the assumption the site is posting true
information.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Normally - Just member of EUROPA states can issue stamp related 50 yr
of EUROPA - it is mostly European countries - Balkan included.
Afganistan, Benin and some other "banana" republic, don't have any
connection with it, it is simple printed by some "dealer" in GB or
other - who use this topic to made some money.

I personally have just Montenegro issue, and serbia - legal - yes.
Scan You can see on
http://balkanstamp.blogspot.com,
http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com

but this issue will be hard to find because of small quantity printed.

best regards
Milco

p.s.
my email You can find on my blog page profile

Old May 12th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 11, 2:10*pm, Milco wrote:
[...]

The only thing I collect now is joint issues with a common design and
other stamps with a common design or a good portion of the satmp that
featurers a common design with another stamp.
The 50th Anniverxsary of Europa issue has some stamps that fall into
this category.
There are several countries that issued stamps for the 50th
Anniversary that are not membes nor has anything to do with CEPT.
Cuba, Solomon Islands and Senegal come to mind at this moment. The
Europa stamps from 1959 to 1972 and 1984 are nearly all common design.
The Cuba, Solomon and Senegal have stamp vignettes of some of these
years.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old May 13th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Ralphael1 wrote:
While working on my Europa collection I ventured into the 50th
Anniversary issues. Holy Cow, what a can of worms I got into.
My search brought up Stamp Scandal.com.
According to this site Michel lists illegal stamps of Afghanistan and
Benin of the 50th Europa. Much more information is on the website
about the nasty stamp people who are involved with stanp scandals.
I am working under the assumption the site is posting true
information.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Dear Ralphael, the OLD one,

Looking at my Michel CEPT 2006 catalog, there is indeed a section
"Sonderausgaben". Part I of this section lists the Benin set and part II
of this section lists indeed the Afghanistan set.

However, both sets have disappeared in the Michel CEPT 2008 catalog. If
they were illegal issues, they are not in the CEPT catalog anymore.

Values in 2006 were 20 euro (8 stamps) for Afghanistan and 17 euro (8
stamps) for Benin. Neither of the stamp designs have anything in common
with the early Europa issues, but they do carry the modern CEPT logo and
the 50 year anniversary logo.

Best regards.

Sir Hystrix
--