Trivia test for the bone idle.

Old October 24th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Trivia test for the bone idle.

It may not be well known Danish stamps were at one time
cancelled, then re cancelled again using a sewing machine.
Know why?

Play cards?
each king in a deck of 52 (4 only) represent a famous king
know them? which king which suit?

Old October 24th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alan

Rod wrote:
It may not be well known Danish stamps were at one time
cancelled, then re cancelled again using a sewing machine.
Know why?

Play cards?
each king in a deck of 52 (4 only) represent a famous king
know them? which king which suit?

Spades,David
Hearts,Charlemagne
Diamonds,Caesar
Clubs, AlexandeR

Old October 24th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

I presume then, this is Charlemagne,
although I have not, the other three in the set, or a 1995
catalogue to confirm.
http://cjoint.com/data/kygGodcrV7.htm

Spades,David
Hearts,Charlemagne
Diamonds,Caesar
Clubs, AlexandeR

Old October 24th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

correction:
each king represents a famous historical person

(There are three basic people in the world, those who can count,
and those who cannot)

Old October 24th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Rod wrote:
I presume then, this is Charlemagne,
although I have not, the other three in the set, or a 1995
catalogue to confirm.
http://cjoint.com/data/kygGodcrV7.htm

Spades,David
Hearts,Charlemagne
Diamonds,Caesar
Clubs, AlexandeR

Hi Rod,

http://cjoint.com/data/kygGodcrV7.htm

I think this is a queen rather then a king.
The stamp is one from a set of four issued under the title "Games" on
march 18, 1995. The other three represent a crossword puzzle, a chess
piece (king) and a scrabble board.

On www.delcampe.net you can easily find and buy them at facial value,
2.31 euro for the set. Search for it under Belgium using numbers 2592,
2593, 2594 and 2595.

If your interested in playing cards on stamps, Belgium issued a set of 4
kings on December 8th, 1973, picturing Lancelot, Oger, Minerve and
Cesar. Look for them using Belgian catalog numbers 1695 through 1698.

Best regards,

Sir Hystrix.

Old October 24th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alan

Rod wrote:
Well done Alan

Play cards?
each king in a deck of 52 (4 only) represent a famous king
know them? which king which suit?

Spades,David
Hearts,Charlemagne
Diamonds,Caesar
Clubs, AlexandeR

Thanks, but what about the sewing machine stamps, ?? Anyone .........
Old October 24th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

I think this is a queen rather then a king.

Oh! I knew that (wink,wink)
Queen Charlemagne? (wry grin)

Thanks for the references offered.
Cheers.

Old October 24th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

G'day Alan,
Gee, I'm having a bad day!
The question should be re submitted,
The sewing machine cancellations were a instigated by Iceland, not Denmark.
My memory had played tricks on me, the stamps I had seen
cancelled were from Denmark, hence the confusion.
My sincere apologies to everyone.

BTW you were ineligible for the prize for solving the
cards query, ( A tube of "Vegemite") our nations health food,
as it was banned in North America last Friday.

Old October 24th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Rod wrote:

Thanks, but what about the sewing machine stamps, ?? Anyone .........

Sewing machines were used for experimental perforating
of Yemen's first issue 1925-1929.

Blair

FS - 1987 Topps Mini Leaders LD19612003 Baseball 0 March 19th 04 10:14 AM
FS - A few Odds n Ends Dogger Baseball 0 March 9th 04 09:43 AM
FS - 91 Score World Series Trivia & 87 Topps mini Leaders Dogger Baseball 0 February 10th 04 10:50 PM
FS - A whole bunch of oddballs and inserts from the early 90's The Dogger Baseball 0 October 25th 03 05:58 AM
Still more on test cuts Reid Goldsborough Coins 31 August 22nd 03 12:45 PM