Everyman Journal

Old June 4th 04, 09:40 PM
macaddicted

Default Everyman Journal

Thought I would chip in with my report on the Everyman from Lee Valley.
The journal is large at 7 3/4" x 9 7/8", so if you are looking for
something portable this probably isn't it. The cover is made with a
heavy board stock and the paper is reportedly acid free. I've tried
three different inks- Diamine Imperial Purple, PR Naples Blue, Noodler's
Walnut- and all of them show through noticeably, though not to the point
where the back of the page is unusable. The paper is smooth, and
comfortable to write on, and it seems to take ink very well, with a
little bit of bleed but nothing too distracting. The pages appear to
have a slight score in them, which helps the pages to lay flat. I also
purchased the Logbook from Lee Valley, and there is a noticable
difference in how the pages lay.

Each page is lined with a 1/4" spaced rule. There are two lines at the
top of each page, seemingly for some sort of header and date. In the
body of the page there is a short 1" line, a 1/8" break and a 5 7/8"
line. The way the lines lay out makes me think this journal is intended
more for cataloging and indexing than journaling.

The biggest problem with the journal is the lines, they are very close
together and too short. It is nearly impossible for me to write with my
Binderized stub M nib, so forget writting with a B or bigger. It would
also be uncomortable for anyone with large handwritting regardless of
their nib preference.

My recommendation is this: if you are looking for a journal, this is
probably not it. If you are looking for a book you can use for
cataloging or indexing then this would be a good choice.

--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Old June 4th 04, 11:43 PM
KCat

"macaddicted" wrote in message
news:1geuy21.1dvtpkff1zv0eN%macaddicted@REMOVETHIS comcast.com...

snipped other good info
My recommendation is this: if you are looking for a journal, this is
probably not it. If you are looking for a book you can use for
cataloging or indexing then this would be a good choice.

--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

KCat

Old June 5th 04, 10:55 PM
JimL

"KCat" wrote in message m...
"macaddicted" wrote in message
news:1geuy21.1dvtpkff1zv0eN%macaddicted@REMOVETHIS comcast.com...

snipped other good info
My recommendation is this: if you are looking for a journal, this is
probably not it. If you are looking for a book you can use for
cataloging or indexing then this would be a good choice.

--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

KCat

I have had the same experience. I finally started using it. Not that
fp friendly, so I use pencil or ballpoint. It is way big and heavy,
certainly not one to take as a travel journal or carry daily in a
briefcase. However, it has the almost formal appearance of the
old-fashioned hotel front desk register.
So I use it as both a post-appointment log and psychological tool --
i.e. in front of visitors to record interviews, payments received, and
record (in front of them) promises to send me documents, or whatevers.
A bookmark in the second half of the book is a log of phone messages
returned and coding on calls returned (n/a = no answer, l/m = left
message, n/e = no English, etc.)