Belgium question

Old April 8th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
KenK

Default Belgium question

I have two Belgian definitives ~1960 stamped with a large 'T", almost as
big as the stamp. Evidently handstamped rather than overprinted as one is
stamped at an angle. They look like a rubber stamp was used. I didn't see
anything in Scott.

Anyone know?

TIA

Ken

Old April 8th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

KenK wrote:
I have two Belgian definitives ~1960 stamped with a large 'T", almost as
big as the stamp. Evidently handstamped rather than overprinted as one is
stamped at an angle. They look like a rubber stamp was used. I didn't see
anything in Scott.

Anyone know?

TIA

Ken

Hi Ken,

These are tax stamps. Or more specific, regular stamps used as tax stamps.

Best regards,
Sir Hystrix
--
www.wry.hystrix.be
www.spiders.hystrix.be
Old April 8th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Sir Hystrix wrote:
KenK wrote:
I have two Belgian definitives ~1960 stamped with a large 'T", almost
as big as the stamp. Evidently handstamped rather than overprinted as
one is stamped at an angle. They look like a rubber stamp was used. I
didn't see anything in Scott.

Anyone know?

TIA

Ken

Hi Ken,

These are tax stamps. Or more specific, regular stamps used as tax stamps.

Best regards,
Sir Hystrix

Oops, don't know if it's the same but by "tax" stamp I meant "postage due".
Old April 9th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

A picture saves a 1000.....
including supplementary advice from Mr. Jay Carrigan.
(That is Mr. Tony Vella's Taxe opt)
http://cjoint.com/data/ekpiiOybRE.htm

Old April 9th 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
KenK

Yep, that's it! My Scott doesn't list them, at least the Belgians, as
postage due though, for whatever reason. Unless I missed them in the brief
postage due section. Oh well, at least I know what they are now and where
to put them in the album. Thanks much.

Ken

"KenK" wrote in message
I have two Belgian definitives ~1960 stamped with a large 'T", almost
as
big as the stamp. Evidently handstamped rather than overprinted as
one is stamped at an angle. They look like a rubber stamp was used. I
didn't see anything in Scott.

Anyone know?

TIA

Ken

Belgium cancel question Tony Vella General Discussion 5 December 2nd 08 08:55 AM
Question: Belgium TL General Discussion 6 November 16th 06 12:04 PM
Belgium Query. Rodney General Discussion 5 July 10th 05 01:25 AM
Belgium 5 Francs Roland Watson Coins 12 December 20th 04 02:52 PM
Belgium Question - Duostamps TC General Discussion 5 December 12th 03 07:46 PM