1875 $2 bill ... Value???

Old January 13th 04, 04:57 PM

Here are the pics.

http://www.radiantpcs.com/images/frontsm.jpg
http://www.radiantpcs.com/images/backsm.jpg

Thanks!!!
Old January 13th 04, 05:43 PM
Padraic Brown

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:25:07 GMT, Jesse wrote:

"Jan Krohn" wrote in
:

"Jesse" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Can also post it to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic ,which most
everyone here is subscribed to.

I'm wondering if that is actually true. My news server for example
hasn't got it. :-(

Jan

Oh it most certainly is true,though no doubt not all news servers carry it.

Then it ain't true! It's much easier to post the things to a website
somewhere anyway. No fuss, no muss.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old January 13th 04, 06:16 PM

I can post a link to a larger pic if anyone else wants to see it.

Thanks again!
Old January 13th 04, 07:34 PM
Ivo Shahanov

Yes,this is USA 2 Dollar 1875 listed also in the Standart Catalog of
World Paper Money(vol.2,9th ed.) by Krause Publication.Pick #158.
And question for the other collectors and dealers -
What do you think about its condition?
I can not define the exactly grading as I look only in the scan but I
quess it can be "Fine" condition.Or maybe VG?I do not know the quality
of the paper(doesnt look in good shape) but it is at least VG.

I also think(and I am sure) that the last digit of the serial # is not
"6".
It is some kind of symbol.I am not familar with the US notes but I am
sure that it is something different than 6.

Ivo

Old January 13th 04, 10:49 PM
Jesse

Padraic Brown wrote in
:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:25:07 GMT, Jesse wrote:

"Jan Krohn" wrote in
:

"Jesse" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Can also post it to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic ,which most
everyone here is subscribed to.

I'm wondering if that is actually true. My news server for example
hasn't got it. :-(

Jan

Oh it most certainly is true,though no doubt not all news servers
carry it.

Then it ain't true! It's much easier to post the things to a website
somewhere anyway. No fuss, no muss.

Padraic.

Yeah its no biggy if you have a website available,then fire up the FTP
program and upload the files.
Quite a few peeps would/could not go that route when they can simply upload
to a newsgroup.

Old January 13th 04, 10:55 PM
Anonymous Joe

wrote in message
om...
I can post a link to a larger pic if anyone else wants to see it.

Thanks again!

From what I've seen here, I'd say it is worth about $440 according to CGC at
a grade of 12-15.

It is quite far from uncirculated. If uncirculated, in a grade of 65 it
would be ~$2300.

I think any of the notes that say Uncirculated on them at this site
http://www.philipdrivercurrency.com/pages/3/ and if you click on the image,
look at them. Those are unirculated. Uncirculated is uncirculated. It is
expected that no matter if the note is made in 1862 or 2003, it would have
the same crispness. I've had a few 2003 $1 uncirculated notes come my way,
as well as some $10s. They are easy to spot as they usually come in
sequential numbered pairs (or more). So, if you ever are paying attention
to your notes, see if you have some sequentials. They're not worth much
now, and I doubt they will be given the amount being produced, but that's
what uncirculated means and it doesnt change to compensate for age, even
though this note is 125+ years old.

Nonetheless, it is is still about $440 good That assumes it is graded
Fine 12 or Fine 15, from CGC, one of the harder graders. I think it costs
$20-$40 to have it graded from a 3rd party. The more respectable the
company you go with, the more money you will get if it is sold. Generally,
buyers like to ensure what they are getting is what they are paying for.
$440 might not seem like too much to some collectors, but for me, thats my
whole coin & currency collection....well....2/3rds anyway. Anyways, if you
try to eBay it uncertified, you can realistically expect somewhere around
$100 maybe more, well, you can follow the trends yourself.

Old January 14th 04, 12:04 AM
Padraic Brown

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:49:00 GMT, Jesse screeved:

Yeah its no biggy if you have a website available,then fire up the FTP
program and upload the files.

It's more than easy to obtain such space.

Quite a few peeps would/could not go that route when they can simply upload
to a newsgroup.

Which is all well and good for other "peeps" that are also subscribed
to the binary NG! If it doesn't have a url, I am totally unlikely to
bother trying to subscribe to or wade through the binary NG just to
find the picture. I know the NG was a fine idea when originally
proposed. A lot of people (myself included at the time) had no
internet access at all. Usenet and email were entirely text based
affairs. Anymore, while the NG still serves a function, placing the
image on a webpage is the superior choice since more people can access
it and you can add text (such as questions or comments) the content of
which could be attracted by search engines.

Note that I am not advocating the abandonment of the binary NG, just
the courtesy of suggesting that people that want to post pictures
should do both to reach the maximum audience. I want to be able to
help out too, but can't do that if people are told only to post to the
NG!

Old January 14th 04, 04:07 AM
Jesse

Padraic Brown wrote in
:

[...]

Your correct web space is easy to obtain.
Not everyone feels like jumping through the hoops that most free web space
providers require though,and/or learn how to operate/configure a new app to
upload with,when they can simply post to a news group and be done with it.
You can add as much text as you desire,and posts there are basically
temporary in nature,so search engines wouldn't be much of a consideration.

Note that I am not advocating the abandonment of the binary NG, just
the courtesy of suggesting that people that want to post pictures
should do both to reach the maximum audience. I want to be able to
help out too, but can't do that if people are told only to post to the
NG!

Padraic.

I agree both would be better.
You could likely have that news group on your server in a matter of days by
simply sending an email to your isp requesting it.
Lots of folks post only there,without going through this,or the
rec.collecting.coins group first.
Old January 14th 04, 11:00 AM
Darren

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Jesse wrote:

Your correct web space is easy to obtain.
Not everyone feels like jumping through the hoops that most free web space
providers require though,and/or learn how to operate/configure a new app to
upload with,when they can simply post to a news group and be done with it.
You can add as much text as you desire,and posts there are basically
temporary in nature,so search engines wouldn't be much of a consideration.

I subscribe to both groups unfortunately the notoriously unreliable
nature of newsgroup feeds (at least with my ISP) means that the abpn
only contains a promise of a naked Beyonce and a naked Jessica
Simpson... now I suspect these are not coins.

I can post, and have posted to abpn and have tried to convince my ISP
that there is a problem. The end result being if I want to show a
picture I have to put it on a website, if I have to see a picture it
needs to be on a website... and I can deal with this, I'd rather not
change my ISP, or subscribe to some other news service.

Anyway... enough of this I'm nipping back to apbn to see if my
suspicions were correct.

Thanks
Darren

Old January 14th 04, 05:49 PM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Jesse wrote:

You could likely have that news group on your server in a matter of days by
simply sending an email to your isp requesting it.

Quite. More hoops!

Lots of folks post only there,without going through this,or the
rec.collecting.coins group first.

Their loss.