Help with another unknown please - possibly Indonesian

Old May 25th 05, 07:33 PM
Jack

Default Help with another unknown please - possibly Indonesian

Hello -

http://cjoint.com/data/fzuPtFYVyN.htm

shows a stamp sent to me by my daughter when she visited Indonesia in
1996.

I cannot find it in Scotts - and the name "Indonesia" does not appear on
it - only the rupiah currency.

Any thoughts?

And a thank you to you folks for suggesting the CJoint site for storing
pictures. It works beautifully.

Jack
Old May 25th 05, 08:29 PM
A. van Reenen

Hello Jack,

Meterai Tempel is Indonesian for revenue-stamp.

Cheers

Ton

"Jack" schreef in bericht

Old May 25th 05, 09:36 PM
TC

On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:33:59 GMT, Jack wrote:

Hello -

http://cjoint.com/data/fzuPtFYVyN.htm

shows a stamp sent to me by my daughter when she visited Indonesia in
1996.

I cannot find it in Scotts - and the name "Indonesia" does not appear on
it - only the rupiah currency.

Any thoughts?

And a thank you to you folks for suggesting the CJoint site for storing
pictures. It works beautifully.

Jack

Jack:

I believe that these are tax / revenue stamps (labels) to
be attached to certain documents.

A 3000 Rupiah stamp
http://cjoint.com/?fzwuX4BWFf

A 6000 Rupiah stamp
http://cjoint.com/?fzwzE1oaXq

An Indonesian citizen's view (they must be compulsory)
http://www.ksei.co.id/Fokuss/Edisi%207/BEA%20MA5.jpg

Blair

Old May 25th 05, 11:43 PM
Rodney

That was Mr. Pierre Courtiade,
who is taking an extended rest from us all of late
probably off sailing somewhere, lucky devil.

Old May 26th 05, 12:58 PM
Jack

Very illuminating responses.

I appreciate the assistance very much. It not only clears up those nagging
loose ends, but also highlights interesting background on the items in
question.

There are a few more to come.

Jack.

Old May 30th 05, 10:43 AM
Pierre Courtiade

Rodney wrote :
That was Mr. Pierre Courtiade,
who is taking an extended rest from us all of late
probably off sailing somewhere, lucky devil.

He he he !
I'm back here after a 3 weeks visit to the Cyclades islands of Greece.
Not sailing : just taking the cheap ferries from island to island and
spending the nights in B & B.
Some visits to the local post-offices but nothing interesting to mention
:-(

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old May 31st 05, 03:12 PM
Rodney

Wow! that would be a cancel collectors heaven?
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...es_islands.htm

Funny that, I just received a postcard from there today ;-),
unfortunately the ink was dry in the CDS,
nice bright orange code cancel though

Old May 31st 05, 06:34 PM
Ralphael1

Jack, I must have missed it...what is all this about CJoint for storing
pictures?

Thanks,
Ralphael, the OLD one

Old May 31st 05, 08:21 PM
Roger Smith

"Rodney" wrote in message

Wow! that would be a cancel collectors heaven?
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...es_islands.htm

Rodney

All mail probably gets sent to Athens to be postmarked :-(

Seriously, Pierre, nothing interesting? I am soon off on my next Cyclades
trip which I think will be my 17th to Naxos and 12th to Syros.

Regards, Roger

Old May 31st 05, 09:25 PM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:12:43 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

Wow! that would be a cancel collectors heaven?
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...es_islands.htm

Funny that, I just received a postcard from there today ;-),
unfortunately the ink was dry in the CDS,
nice bright orange code cancel though

Funny! They couldn't come up with a different name instead of Hora
for each of the island's main town? sheesh! 7 references in one
group of islands!

| He he he !
| I'm back here after a 3 weeks visit to the Cyclades islands of Greece.
| Not sailing : just taking the cheap ferries from island to island and
| spending the nights in B & B.
| Some visits to the local post-offices but nothing interesting to mention
| :-(
|
| --
| All the best,
| Pierre Courtiade
|
| to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

=======================
Tracy Barber
adirondack-pc
"Freebie Stamp Project"

Wurlitzer 1050 info needed? possibly selling MikeBfBsDy Juke Boxes 1 December 25th 04 12:17 PM
Some Exotics #1 ~ South Kasai Rodney General Discussion 2 July 9th 04 05:20 AM
Why would a dealer offer an "unknown" signature? Bcoton Autographs 13 June 3rd 04 04:46 PM
Unknown tokens emvee Coins 0 February 8th 04 02:27 PM
Unknown token, communion or wedding? (link to picture) Forrest Stevens Coins 6 August 20th 03 05:52 AM