Montblanc Le Grande

Old June 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Montblanc Le Grande

Is there much of a trick to removing and replacing the nib on a new
Meisterstuck Le Grande? On my Pelikan M800, the nib just screws out. Any
particular words of caution on the Meisterstuck?

Thank you for your comments.

--

Cliff Reynolds

__O
_-\,_
(_)/ (_)

Old June 12th 06, 12:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

They're not built to be user-swappable like Pelikans. Do you have an
extra nib-feed assembly there? If so, its construction should give you
an idea of how it fits into the section. I've never seen MB nib-feed
assemblies for sale to end users. -- B

Old June 12th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I took my 40 year old Meisterstuck 149 to the local Mont Blanc boutique
get a nib swap.
They'll do this for $85. I thought, what a great way to do business.
Of
course they wanted to do $375 worth of repairs to a pen that worked.
Well I thought it worked, no leaks, ink came out of the nib when placed
to paper, stuff like that.
I guess what I'm saying is be careful if you take it to your local Mont
Blanc boutique.

Hugh

Old June 12th 06, 02:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Yep, my experience has been the same: you need to have MB swap out the nib
assembly. Can't speak to cost since I've never had it done myself. Maybe
if you can find an authorized dealer, they may be able to come up with some
better cost than going through a boutique. I'd contact a couple of pen
sellers, maybe they'd have some suggestions (Chuck Swisher for instance).

My best,

Paul

Old June 12th 06, 07:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Sonny wrote:
Is there much of a trick to removing and replacing the nib on a new
Meisterstuck Le Grande? On my Pelikan M800, the nib just screws out. Any
particular words of caution on the Meisterstuck?

The secret is: don't do it yourself!

Pelikans have always been user-friendly when it comes to nibs -- I have
swapped nibs among my 1930's 100s and 100Ns with no problems.

Montblanc and Omas are complete no-nos when it comes to user nib
changability. Omas nib assemblies are sealed with "jeweler's goop"
(technical term) and I have no idea how Mondblancs are sealed. Forget the
Boutiques -- my experiences with them entailed dealing with fashion-victim
sales-bunnies who truly know nothing. Go to the source: Montblanc HQ in
New Jersey. They have a nib-swap service
http://www.montblanc.com/246.php at a currently unknown price.

Write to them at:

Montblanc North America LLC
430 Mountain Avenue
Murray Hill, NJ 07974

Telephone: +1-908-508 23 31
Telefax: +1-908-464 37 22
Tollfree: +1-800-995 48 10

When I needed a repair they were very fast, reasonably priced and good
communicators.

Hope this helps,

Jon

--