Fort Worth Coin Club Show this weekend

Old March 7th 05, 11:27 PM
Bobby Knight

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:22:44 -0600, Byron L. Reed
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:36:29 GMT, Bobby Knight
wrote:

It's stupid assholes like you that can bring Usenet down to the lowest
common denominator.

How was the trip?

BLReed

As if you haven't known for years!
Old March 8th 05, 12:34 AM
Kris Baker

"James Brautigan" wrote in message
.. .
Bobby Knight wrote in
:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:34:51 GMT, "Gary Dorman"
wrote:

What is WRONG with you people? Is usenet nothing more that malcontents
and jerks? I have received 2 emails
and a phone call from people chastizing me for making a commercial and
off topic post in THEIR newsgroup, stealing THEIR bandwidth and
threatening to have MY internet service cancelled. So it's OK for ME
to waste my time and reading and listening to THEIR rants, but if you
are forced to read something from ME its a horrible crime??

Hobby clubs are BY DEFINITION non-commercial.

This show relates to coins

This show related to the dfw area.

Many coin people sell on ebay, and many ebay people are looking for
wholesale sources to buy coins
to sell on ebay.

UseNET has become virtually UseLESS by all the netcop wannabees.

GET A LIFE.

GET A CLUE.

The Clue, Gary is what you posted:

Some of the dealers scheduled to appear:

clip 28 commercial coin dealer's names.

It's SPAM. Whine all you want, but if you keep it up, your ISP WILL
bust you. It would help if you knew anything about Usenet.
bk

You don't own the Internet. You can't tell people what to post. And
its not spam. Its non-commercial. It's not bulk. It is something that
people might want to know about. Its on topic. All that makes it NOT
fit the definition of spam. All the complaints have used far more of
your "precious" band width than the original post. Go to hell.

Jim in Vegas

Now, that's certainly adult behavior.

I swear, the above was written by an eight-year-old:

"You don't own the playground"
"You can't tell me what to do"
"Go to hell"

What I don't understand is this: WHY do you post in this non-
commercial group when there's
several places where people DO look for things like this.

Now, go play in the playground that you DO own.

Kris

Old March 8th 05, 01:35 AM
Tom Rogers

Anonymous explained :
You f*cking coin dealers will never learn. Your spam is STEALING
BANDWIDTH from the subscribers who DONT WANT YOUR S*IT. Even if you
have a plonk filter, that spam nes postsing is still downloaded, and
still is charged to the poor subscriber who has to PAY FOR IT. And in
most countries, the phone company operates the Internet Service Provider
and there is a PER MINUTE CHARGE as well.

COMMERCIAL POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON USENET. We cant tolerate a slippery
slope.

When you post as a coward, and use vulgar language, your credibility is
zero.

Back in the days of 300 baud modems and Compuserve at $6 per hour, such
an
argument might have made sense. But today, when someone goes on a rant
over a
a 1 kbyte text post, when ISPs provide video content to their
subscribers streamed
at 784 KBPS, your argument becomes that of either a troublemaker or an
idiot.

Haven't we advanced past the juvenile days of people whose only
ambition in life is
to get someone kicked off their ISP?

What value do you place on your TIME to involve yourself in all this
effort? Nothing
obviously -- and that is the value that we place on your opinion.

In fact, I just sent the original poster a note of support in email. I
think the way he
has been treated here is dreadful.

To you insular ebay "Marketing" people...the coin collecting hobby has
been an
important ally in stopping the rampant fraud on ebay. Yet you never
miss a chance
to make a snide remark about coin dealers.

Here is a recent article in a trade publication which you should
consider:

http://www.coinworld.com/sycee4_0228.asp

Many of the professional numismatists who "disturb your group" have
been successful
business people for many years. Quite a few even have advanced
degrees. You should
listen and learn rather than make fun of them.

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Old March 8th 05, 01:57 AM
Bobby Knight

Many of the professional numismatists who "disturb your group" have
been successful business people for many years. Quite a few even have advanced
degrees. You should listen and learn rather than make fun of them.

They shouldn't be made fun of. However, I have an advanced degree,
and know better than to advertise on Usenet.

Old March 8th 05, 02:10 AM
Kris Baker

"Tom Rogers" wrote in message
et...

Back in the days of 300 baud modems and Compuserve
at $6 per hour, such an argument might have made sense.

You're assuming that everyone on Usenet is from the USA?

Bone up (yes) on international ISPs.

Kris

Old March 8th 05, 10:56 AM
note.boy

Are there any dealers anywhere that have "common coins" in their name
rather than "rare coins"? :-) Billy

Gary Dorman wrote:

The Fort Worth Coin Club's 51st annual show is the weekend, 9 to 3, March 12
& 13 at the Lockheed-Martin recreational center, 3400 Bryant-Irvin Drive in
Fort Worth.

More information www.fortworthcoinclub.org or call 817-444-5500

Some of the dealers scheduled to appear:

Dallas Gold and Jewelry
Fort Worth Coin Co.
Barney Welch Coins for Tomorrow
Casey Noxon - Texas Numismatic Investments
Frank Provasek Rare Coins
Fort Worth Coin Co - Michael Launi
Bill Yates Rare Coins
Bill Dafcik
J&J Coins - Fort Worth
Heritage Rare Coins
Jeff and Anna Cecil
Richard Ferber AU-AR Numismatics
Crutchfield's Currency
Jim Shively - Dallas Rare Coins
Fellowship Christian Coin Dealers
David Pike - Liberty Rare Coins
Mike Follett
McQueeny Coins
Royalty Coins
Coleman Foster
South Park Coins
Vest Pocket Coins
cointelevision.com
Blanchard & Co
Bureau of Engraving & Printing
Ron Swiney
Mike Dunnigan
Causey's Rare Coins - Mike Grant

Old March 8th 05, 05:18 PM
Bill Krummel

"note.boy" wrote in message
Are there any dealers anywhere that have "common coins" in their name
rather than "rare coins"? :-) Billy

I know there are some dealers who promote themselves as dealing in
"collector" coins. My impression is that they deal in lower priced coins
for the "common" man. At least I think that is the notion they are trying
to promote. I doubt anyone ever promotes themselves as dealing in "common"
coins.

Bill

Old March 8th 05, 05:47 PM
Bruce Remick

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
Are there any dealers anywhere that have "common coins" in their name
rather than "rare coins"? :-) Billy

I know there are some dealers who promote themselves as dealing in
"collector" coins. My impression is that they deal in lower priced coins
for the "common" man. At least I think that is the notion they are trying
to promote. I doubt anyone ever promotes themselves as dealing in "common"
coins.

Bill

Virg Marshall, "The Penny Merchant", always left me with that impression simply
by the name he used.

Bruce

Old March 8th 05, 06:22 PM

I'll put this lightly asshole! **** you and your mother!

"Jorge Cantu" wrote in message
. ..
richard schumacher wrote in
:

In article ,
"Gary Dorman" wrote:

What is WRONG with you people? Is usenet nothing more that
malcontents and jerks? I have received 2 emails
and a phone call from people chastizing me for making a commercial
and off topic post in THEIR newsgroup, stealing THEIR bandwidth and
threatening to have MY internet service cancelled. So it's OK for ME
to waste my time and reading and listening to THEIR rants, but if you
are forced to read something from ME its a horrible crime??

Ignore that guy. Either he's just trying to yank your chain, or he
really does have a 9600 baud modem and thinks it's still 1990, in
which case he deserves our silent pity.

BTW, thanks for the original notice.

You are peddlers by implication. You can't tell me that if I used
Google to look up all those coin dealers, that they wouldn't have
something to sell. This is unacceptable abuse of Usenet. The vast
majority of Usenet storage falls on the mom-and-pop local ISPs. When
they agreed to carry Usenet posts, they did so based on the
noncommercial aspect of usenet. When you post commercial ads, which
even indirectly have a commercial aspect, that can in no way be
considered "discussion." Thus you are violating the terms you agreed to
NOT ONLY with YOUR ISP, but also with all of the mom-and-pop ISPs
downstream which have to propagate your spam. You are forcing people to
store your garbage on their machines. This is theft. This is illegal.
I have reported the original poster, to
. Please do the same and we can keep Usenet free of
spam. Every little action you can do helps.

Jorge

Old March 8th 05, 06:31 PM
Bobby Knight

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:22:28 GMT, wrote:

I'll put this lightly asshole! **** you and your mother!

Well, THAT puts the level of class in perspective.
bk

clip